New Year is a-comin. Bitch about tents here.

Chickity

Gah - you people have the memory/reading ability of goldfish. Dave, Liv mentioned boat months ago, I factored it in.

This is what we're looking like at the moment

14 ppl (plus Livs 2 mates who have their own site nearby)

Chris + Tara - powered dog site

Adam - non powered dog site till the 2nd

Richie and Bex - standard non powered site till the 3rd

Dave, Liv, Ned, Cam, Daryll, Stephen, Simon, Allan, Pete - 6 standard non powered sites till the 7th.

As far as I can tell there will be 5 tents and 5/6 cars + 1 boat and an Ed. (Pete are you bringing car or riding with someone?)

Ed is only staying until the 2nd, he comes with a tent and a car, he's quite small, so I'm sure we can fit him in somewhere.

I would suggest that the best way to run it would be to put all the cars in one place and group all the tents together in another. But that's really up to you guys.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ed is only staying until the 2nd, he comes with a tent and a car, he's quite small, so I'm sure we can fit him in somewhere.

You could put me in with Ricardo and Bex, since we're pretty much leaving within a day or two of each other. I even have a teensy little tent as well (god that sounds obscene)

DONT WORRY HOLD TIGHT FOR TOMS LIVE WEATHER UPDATE AFTER BREAKFAST IN THE AM TOMORROW!

Ok today I hate to say is rather poos, pretty strong/gusty NE winds and rain varying from spits to heavy although not torrential. not cold though. May go stand in the rain and get a fishing line tangled around the rocks/my head a little later if the wind dies down at all.

Bearing in mind I'm probably 40km or so from Houhora, but there isn't any significant hills between here and there so I doubt it would be much different. Maybe a little more sheltered from the NE winds by Mt. Camel?

Will update again in the evening, maybe with photos!

Thanks Tom. Tis supposed to continue for the next 3 days. Apparently not cold though.

Again, not something that we can do anything about.

AREA/S AFFECTED

Northland north of Whangarei

FORECAST

Rain is expected to become heavy at times from this afternoon. In the 15 hours from midday Thursday to 3am Friday, expect 70 to 100mm of rain in places, especially about the eastern hills. Intensities of 10 to 20mm per hour are possible at times, especially late this afternoon and evening. Note, further bursts of localised heavy rain or thundery downpours are possible through to Saturday.

judging from what I'm seeing plus metvuw and metservice websites I would say tomorrow will be reasonably shitty grey and windy again and chance of heavy rain but maybe not raining the whole day way up here. Today there were a few bouts but nothing end of the world spec. From saturday onwards the far north will be getting out of the shitty weather first - so maybe still a bit grey and some rain on saturday and sunday but shouldn't be that bad im picking and progressively get better and maybe mostly sunny by monday up here.

No guarantees, and I wouldn't really want to be in a tent tonight unless you were a hardbum but maybe ok tomorrow night and pretty sure it should be ok if your not a sook after that.