New Year is a-comin. Bitch about tents here.

Chickity

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have another group of people 10 minutes north of us who say the weather is a bit shit but not terrible at all.

They have 12 people there and have 6-8 more coming tomorrow so many a day trip etc could be made by either party to combine forces and have a SWEET SWEET new years :)

I'm actually really excited about this again and the car is packed ready to go! Everyone, just pack your cars and go! It's not even that bad out there according to my mate who is there now :)

See you all tomorrow :D

Still going. Go get tent and come ed :)

Well Ben, if you're keen, plenty of spots free now :D

Ed, I have a spare oldschool tent if you need one. It's this one (Photo actually taken at the closest camp ground to Cape Reinga - tent seems unaffected by latitude. I can't vouch for its current condition other than I recall a piece of wood substitutes for a missing section of pole..)

Ned, since I didn't think everyone was this weather-dependent :cheers:, I relaxed the pace on the Alfa thinking I'd show up a few days into next year (once some space was free and the sun was out).

Tomorrow's probably my last chance at a WOF inspection for a few days, so I'll shoot for that. No way to make up for lost time without taking the work ute though, and despite the weather - no thanks. :P

If nobody can get refunds and therefore you all might as well not cancel your bookings, perhaps I could look after someone's vacated spot for a few days and we could come to an arrangement. :wink: