New Year is a-comin. Bitch about tents here.

Chickity

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

here. <<<------------------- SNEAKY LINKY

So if we were to cruise up the bypass (straight throught that intersection as opposed to left like GPS told me once) We would come up upon that place? WHat is it? maccas?

Is there a place out of town further? Cause we may or may not have a few cars but will def have a large caravan

as I've been saying from pretty much the beginning, the reason I ain't keen on tenting is because it's virtually impossible for me to get to sleep in one, which ends up making me super tired and grumpy the next day. And it sucks when you're all grumpy at everything and everyone and you guys will probably just complain and say I should have stayed home :cry:

however - I managed to find some (non-illegal) sedatives, so am reconsidering. the question is, is there even any room?

So if we were to cruise up the bypass (straight throught that intersection as opposed to left like GPS told me once) We would come up upon that place? WHat is it? maccas?

Is there a place out of town further? Cause we may or may not have a few cars but will def have a large caravan

could assemble/regroup at the carpark just as you get into Whangarei (the one with the information kiosk and cafe) maybe? Though I guess it would end up being pretty packed this time of year since everyone else will have the same idea.

Google maps doesn't seem to show the locations of any roadside rest areas but from memory there's one just north of where the Kamo bypass ends. That might be a viable alternative to driving through the middle of town.

Ed, there is room, but like you said , only come if you reakon you can sleep cause a grump who is going to complain about sleepless nights and tents all day will be a major kill joy.

Otherwise if you can sleep and come then YAY!

Regrouping after whangas is likely best as im sure we'll get slipt up heading through.

Adam/Daryll - is there a rest area out of whangas maybe with a dunny we could meet at?

Yea there is a gravel area just north of there. Gravel carpark

Yea its a maccas/ 4square/ butcher just round corner

I still think the carpark will be fine. Its huge. probs over half as big as the one at countdown greenlane was. and allways nearly empty. has three easy exits. and only one set of lights, a roundabout and one intersection and your out of town.

Upto you boes.

I was also going to organise a whangarei meet at the same time as you arrive in town. so maccas would be a good place to meet. If you decide the gravel pit ill just can that idea and do skids instead, not bothered either way.

Yeah but that was ages ago. I wasn't close to having a road-legal car, I hadn't just received a tent and and air mattress for christmas, and I didn't know this:

Everyone except Chris and I, and our dog, will be on the non-dog side.

..so I got myself blacklisted for canine holocaust denial. :oops:

You may just have to send me a postcard describing how Pete handles a week of binge-drinking in the sun. :sunny::pukeleft:

Short answer (just called Tara) is that there is sweet fuck all space... Ed said he's coming but he's still looking for a tent so you could ask him to let you know if he can't come or something? Or you could come later as i believe Stephen and 1 or 2 others are bailing after a few days? I don't know....

Not my call to make as Tara organised it all etc and it's a bit late to start fucking about trying to squeeze an extra person in etc. You could always call up Wagener Holiday Park in Houhora and see if they have a free site near the booking Tara made? or just any site really as the place isn't that big.