Neds 'Quest for Smoke' ('93 LS400)

Ned

Hi guys.

As some of you may remember, i had a Celsior a few years ago that didn't like the placement of a tree not far from my house and tried to move it and failed.

Finally got around to buying another LS400. It's a 1993, 297000Km on the clock and still runs like a dream. Payed $3500 for it and ther isn't much wrong with it.

Here's the car;

img20110725171506.th.jpg img20110725171453.th.jpg img20110725171525.th.jpg

Quite a bit needs doing though so heres the list. Will upload pics later as it takes too long to transfer them individually with bluetooth ATM.

- CLEAN! The car is far from clean and will need a thorough cleaning to really see what she's like!

- Radio Aerial, This got bent going through the car was at some stage in its life so that i to be replaced. Ordered one throug Lexus for $112 or so.

- Ash Tray insert is missing, which is $252 from Lexus, so will try find a second hand one.

- CD Player only plays new CDs so will need a clean. Lexus doesn't even sell them anymore, but the RRP is $12,403.47 :shock:Fixed (Linky)

- Air Con Screens are screwed, like all of them do. Ordered a new air con unit for $311.40 which seemed like an ok deal until i got a phone call that he put the decimal point in the wrong place and it's actually $3,114.00 so scrapped that idea! Theres a crowd in the US i believe that can fix them so will look into that.

- The key is broken which is the first thing on the list to attempt to fix. It had keyless entry on the key, which isn't working because its missing the button and the battery is likely flat/missing.

- Tool Kit isn't complete so will have to hunt for the missing bits. The valet and first aid kits are still there and even has an emergency triangle thingy! Happy with that!

- Seats are ripped so will find someone to re-do them at some point... Car had nice dark interiour and will stay with that.

- Window Winder Button Cover thingies have come off so will need to glue them back on.

- Cup Holder cover hinge has broken.

- Speaker Cover on the drivers door is a bit iffy, so will pull that off and attempt to re-do that.

- Window Wipers look yucky as the black has worn off quite a bit so would like to repaint them. Would powder coating be the best way to go here?

- Bumper has a few scratches and things to will maybe clean that up a bit and re-paint the bumpers (or even the whole car if i run out of things to spend money on)

- Paint has a few strange marks on the bonnet. Will likely buff out so will try that.

- Engine Bay is extremely dirty so a good clean is on the cards.

And finally.....

The car has an old car phone! This is going to be reinstated so i can make sweet phone calls to and from my car hahaha. Will require me to pull the old unit to bits and retro fit a micro controller and GSM module inside it somehow... This is what i'm most excited bout TBH!

Will update with pics as i go.

p.s. Should add exhaust to the list as well i guess. Need moar 1UZ noise!

Ned

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you ever driven one? They are awesome!

Itbs would be cool and we'll see what the wallet says first haha.

Fucked around with the key tonight as it's buggered but doesn't look like it wants to play ball. The inductor came off so replaced that and then there was another component missing but I have no idea what it is :-(

Doesn't have air suspension. Last one did. Celsior had all the wizz-bang shit like that $30,000.00 one lol but not too bothered that this one doesn't because i never got to use the sweet shit in the back anyway haha. It's actually incredibly annoying when passangers have the ability to change the air con and radio etc :P

i paid $2700 for my Celsior and it was mint :(

$3500 was a sweet deal. Been looking at getting one for a LONG time now and this was really the best deal to have come on TradeMe fro a while...

Fixed my CD stacker today. Pulled the thing appart and cleaned the laser. Put it back together and can now listen to even crathed CD's :)

If it fails again then i will just buy a new laser as they are still available for $120 which would be a worthwile fix.

The CD changer in the car. All beat up and shit. Will have to find another cover (which is just attached with velcro)

IMG_20110726_170548.jpg

Opened it up and gave it a clean

IMG_20110726_173927.jpg

Put it back together (after giving the cover a bit of a bash)

IMG_20110726_175941.jpg

And now we have music again!

IMG_20110726_175513.jpg