Neds 'Quest for Smoke' ('93 LS400)

Ned

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no b-outs. Even Chris couldn't do one last night. Car does not do b-outs....

Will see what it says next week.... am hoping it has a fuel leak or something :?

Will be removing extra shit in due course.

yeah my VR-4 uses almost half of that on the open road only, and the V6 legnum VR-4 I had which I thought was terrible on fuel was still better than that too.. and at least it went fast and made cool noises.

sounds like it's down on power though, my guess is air filter is blocked or at nearly 300,000kms it could be a bit down on compression therefore losing a bit of its efficiency. Removing the 2 cats and 3 of the 5 mufflers would be beneficial though.

Uh I could blaze up my auto 1GFE and I bet it still has more power than that, skid fail, just got to get your auto abuse on, A340's can take it

Your auto 1G-FE was probably a bit lighter and may have had a more favourable diff ratio etc. I still reckon something is up with the engine as to why it has such poor fuel economy and not so easy to do skids etc.

did box in 1st, foot on brake and foot flat with no results. Let go off brake briefly and re-applied to get it to go but nothing. Even got it moving and firmly applied brake to get wheels to already be turning and shifting weight to front and nothing. I can get it to step out (esp in the wet) but won't do stationary skids. Will get it to do one though and post results. It WILL do a skid... somehow.... one day....

some modern cars (350z for example) the computer controls the throttle, and won't actuate the butterfly beyond a certain angle if the brake is on... pulling the brake light fuse can sometimes cure this software bug (on a 350z for example).

I however have no knowledge of Toyota's...