Goat's almost WOF spec Zed

Seedy Al

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it was about 150ish for 20 minutes, made the hole house stink and food taste a bit funny for a few days but it was worth it.

Il double check what it says on the can when I get out to the shed this weekend and get back to you about temp/time ect.

yeah i read somewhere that ka24 pistons are a go, but probabaly cost a bit more over here,

Currently waiting on prices for pistons from BNT

Engine guys said they can do the pistons, gudgions and Rings for $440+

however, becasue Z22's are 4 cylinder, i'm going to end up with two extra pistons etc. So if anyone is keen to build one of these, i am keen to sell the other two haha

but yeah, Will get the block honed in the next few days, and hopefully it will be ok. if not, then i will probably get another block and machine to suit...... i know my current block has some mild issues that it would be better without.

Also KY, will read what ever you posted later, cant be bothered translating japanese right now haha

yeah i read somewhere that ka24 pistons are a go, but probabaly cost a bit more over here,

Currently waiting on prices for pistons from BNT

Engine guys said they can do the pistons, gudgions and Rings for $440+

however, becasue Z22's are 4 cylinder, i'm going to end up with two extra pistons etc. So if anyone is keen to build one of these, i am keen to sell the other two haha

but yeah, Will get the block honed in the next few days, and hopefully it will be ok. if not, then i will probably get another block and machine to suit...... i know my current block has some mild issues that it would be better without.

Also KY, will read what ever you posted later, cant be bothered translating japanese right now haha

If you go up to Z24 (89mm) assuming they connect to factory L20A or L24 rods, then I'd be keen to pay (not immediately, new job, monthly pay, can't afford fuckall) for 1.5sets. eg. We buy 3 sets between us. If you're staying with Z22 (87mm), not keen.

Also, ask Philbo Baggins for a sharp price. >BNT, etc.

Also, if you can't be bothered reading Japanese, go to the American site;

http://www.kameariusa.com/L6products.php

I found it hardish to find standard bore Z24/KA24 pistons in NZ, I was told that there's not much call for stock bore pistons for most motors, if the stock pistons are rooted then it's normally time to over bore the motor. That's why I ended up with 89.5mm pistons when I built mine.

Bear in mind if you are going to bore it that far you will probably be looking at $500+ for a head gasket.