Queens Birthday - Saturday June 4th - Wellington Event

Poker Run/Treasure Hunt - Pirate Themed Banquet

First up - the night part of the event is a decent sit down meal with some good hearty drinks as opposed to an all out party with some grub if you happen to want it.. Host responsility etc..

Poker Run/Treasure Hunt format TBC – but it will be around 3-4 hours driving around Wellington from Saturday midday.

Pirate Banquet – you have an hour or two till 6pm to get into your best PIRATE themed dress-ups and come back to the hall for dinner and drinks – wooden legs, vivid tattoos, blacked out teeth, eye patches and shoulder parrots are all accepted and expected..

Note - a budget Pirate costume is like the easiest ever - rip some sleeves off an old t-shirt, perhaps cut some old fucked jeans off at the knees and chuck a bandana on your head, accessorise $2 shop swords, eye patches and add vivid/texter tattoos and missing teeth is too easy.. BAM - youze naow a Pirate of the filthiest degree..

Pretty much you won’t be expected to do anything other than turn up, eat drink and be merry. However ANYTHING you break you WILL be expected to pay for. That includes no swinging from the chandeliers in the dining hall or sword fighting in the toilets– that should be left to far away in an uncontrolled enviroment.. :wink:

The hall manager expects that music MUST be turned down to a low hum by 11.30pm so if the mood strikes and you are keen to play after midnight still then Courtney Place is only a 5 minute stroll or 15 minute stagger away. Costumes in town is a fairly certain pull for getting laid so get in their cappins and lasses..

It will be a BYO drinks meal – there will be a few plastic bins of ice around the hall for you to chuck your booze in or bring your own chilly bin if you are worried someone will eats your drink. A NO GLASS policy will apply – except for bottles of wine. I am going to try recycling 90-100% of all rubbish so there will be bins for various types of rubbish and it would be choice if you could use them.

Prices will be determined in the next week or two and tickets will start to be sold soon after – your tickets are confirmed and sent only after the money changes hands. Any unconfirmed/unsold tickets will be on sale at OS Nats where I suspect they will sell out. Of course if they don’t sell out then any remaining will be up for sale after Nats. Remember to buy a ticket for your partner if you expect to bring her/him.

There is only 50 tickets to this event because of capacity limitations so you may need to get in quick – on the other hand it could be a complete failure and no-one except Joe, Shaz, Niki, Beaver and myself will be there – will be fun for us 5 anyway..

So register your interest and vote for your preferred dinner option..

Format and costs will be formalized in the next couple of weeks..

Dinner Options (majority decides or if its real close – then the cheaper option wins)

The money covers hall hirage, food, rubbish, cleaning, some ice in bins etc..

Home made Beef Curry (medium curry)

Home made Chicken Curry (mild curry)

Roti Bread

Chopped Chillis to spice the curry up if you like

Chopped Coriander

$20-25 a head

Spit Roast – full pig on a spit

Roast Veges

Gravy/Apple Sauce

$30-35 a head

Catered Spit Roast

http://www.finetouchcatering.co.nz/spit ... ering.html

$40-50 a head

1st and 2nd options include ice cream, bananas and dessert condiments

3rd option includes a catered dessert from “fine touch”

This event is open to all OSers on the North, South and West Islands. I will not be arranging accommodation as per Hawkes Boes backpackers spec but there is plenty of accommodation within 5 minutes walk of the Aro Valley Community Hall. Most of the accommodation close by has decent open carparking that is well lit. Also everyone knows someone in Wellington that they could shack up with for the weekend if money is tight.. If anyone needs a suggested doss spot PM me and I can point you to a variety of accommodation close by that ranges from cheap to spendy..

Also I will need 2 or 3 volunteers to help run the treasure hunt and dinner, then help me tidy up on the Sunday morning between 10am and 1pm. Work will be fairly minimal for the hunt and dinner and the clean up shoud be easy – all plates, table coverings will be disposable and only things that will need cleaning is to wash cutlery, a floor /toilet clean scrub and run the rubbish to the tip. Anyone who helps gets their night for free.. PM me if you are keen to help..

Note – this is totally not for making money – costs will be as tight as possible and any dosh left over will be donated to OS for the running of the site..

Any questions please feel free to ask..

YARRRGH – POLLY WANTS A CRACKA!

pirates-of-the-caribbean-5.jpg

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

really?? thought it would have been demolished at some sort of other gathering?? .

pretty much everything consumable i bring and dont take is for whatever . unlees its like a $100 bottle of spirits .. then yea.

no gherkins this time hemi.. KTHXBAI

but at 2.50 for 3 kg THATS GOOD GHERKIN TO DOLLAR RATIO

man i loved / absolutly hated the smell of upstairs pinkies next day

poor sherie

Fuck that was grot. I think I'm starting to gag now thinking about that smell.