Queens Birthday - Saturday June 4th - Wellington Event

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Poker Run/Treasure Hunt format TBC – but it will be around 3-4 hours driving around Wellington from Saturday midday.

Pirate Banquet – you have an hour or two till 6pm to get into your best PIRATE themed dress-ups and come back to the hall for dinner and drinks – wooden legs, vivid tattoos, blacked out teeth, eye patches and shoulder parrots are all accepted and expected..

This "go home and turn into a pirate before dinner" business is silly. We should be getting into full pirate dress from getting up in the morning, except for Seedy. It just wouldn't be a Poker Run without a cow.

Although pirate cows are good too. :pirate:

So did some quick ringing round and with less than 40 tickets its not going to be worth it to get a pig and spit cos the amount of meat you need to get and a spit with gas bottle etc - so there are 2 ways to go <40 tickets is $50 each cos we will need to get a catered meal and if 40 tickets sell then it will be $35 a head

queensbirthday.png

What would you think if we charge $50 a head and once we hit 40 sales then anything extra will go on booze - if we get 40+ tickets sold then that will mean around $15pp on booze - thats around a bottle of wine per wine drinker (I can get wholesale rates on wine) and around 2 boxes of decent beers for every 3 beer drinkers..

tldr? - I'm recommending $50 per ticket - if we get 40 tickets sold then you will get a decent amount of free booze - if less than 40 tickets are sold then BYO booze.

Opinions?? The cost of the food is a lot more than I expected so totally understand if people want to cancel the whole idea..