Alex's 1968 'oldman special' HB Viva discussion....

yoeddynz

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^ you cheeky bugger Dave. I was trying to keep it a complete secret hat I had put diesel in my viva. Sssshhhhh. Perhaps I should add holes to it like your avengers.... :-)

Yep- Im hunting out another place to weigh it. I was shocked. Yeah rotaries are heavier then they look but shit- its now heavier then a GT and they have a heavy lump of a boat anchor for an engine, that must be made of lead.

The weight distribution is good though- happy with that. It definitely doesn't push out wide if I enter a corner to fast and then try to turn in. My old chevette with the 2.3 slant four (said boat anchor engine) was horrible entering corners at speed.

I figure the magnum axle added maybe 20-30 kg, heavier box maybe 10kg, extra engine weight of let's say 30kg, heavier alfa romeo Momo leather seats- an easy extra 15 kg each over the old tiny buckets. 10kg extra on bigger discs and calipers? What's that- 110kg? Still not even close.

Tank was only 1/4 full too. No heavy sweets in glove box.

Hmmmm- just doesn't add up.

Too much upholstery in your car... needs to go on a diet. Can sell you a set of fibreglass bumpers and bonnet.

The interwebs say a 12A with gbox is 375 pounds so roughly 170kgs which is quite a bit, I imagine the turbo kit parts would add a few more kilos to it.

At that weight it wouldn't be far off a 2300 slant motor.