Alex's 1968 'oldman special' HB Viva discussion....

yoeddynz

I put some autodec carpets in my avenger. basically the same experience as Cletus. Guy was very nice and helpfull, carpetd were good quality but not the best fit (still looked good though). However for the price, you cant really go wrong. I imagine it would be a lot more work involved to make your own and get them to look as good (depending ont he4 shape of the floor etc)

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I put some autodec carpets in my avenger. basically the same experience as Cletus. Guy was very nice and helpfull, carpetd were good quality but not the best fit (still looked good though). However for the price, you cant really go wrong. I imagine it would be a lot more work involved to make your own and get them to look as good (depending ont he4 shape of the floor etc)

+1 here too.

The price is ok, the carpet looks and feels nice, but the fit wasn't perfect. Not to mention my saz installing skills didn't help, but doesn't matter as it still looks a shit load better than the old stuff.

Yeah- what cletus said about the tunnel shape. My Viva has a quite a strong taper on the tunnel. Very large at the front shrinking down to tiny between the seats. I think that'll be a problem. Plus my tunnel has been raised about 1".

I have sent the man some questions on a carpet set for a victor he currently has listed. I think I stil might be better to make my carpets up out of seperate peices. One over the tunnel going down to just under the floor mats. bits along the side held under sill cover plates. Then easy to remove floor mats. The back will just be strip going width ways over tunnel and extending forwards under the seats.

Sound good. Is it possible to bind the edges of thin carpet with a half decent home sewing machine? Or do you need some special machine?

Don't need carpet Alex - just adds extra weight!

Also, if your HB mate down there needs a bootlid I've got a few spare I think, might need a prep/highfill/paint but they are straight and rust free. Maybe the black one off the yellow beast? got a bit of surface rust but not pitted or bent.

Don't have quick access as they're at the old mans place now but could eventually get one to Welly and then across the drain to the south island.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah its a bloody good steering wheel lock I brought over from the UK. Rather than have someone breaking in and trying to nick the car I always hope that this will put most little shits off. It only takes 3 secs to put on. I've not seen these sold in NZ?

Sweet. Could you post up a photo of em?

I wanna find something funny, like some random big show or event that happened around '68-70 thereabouts so I can make a period window sticker to suit. The car wears otago plates so I have been looking up things like A&P shows from down that way for inspiration. Will make my own stickers once I have an idea.

edit: I will attempt to make my own stickers.... :)

• 1 month later...