Alex's 1968 'oldman special' HB Viva discussion....

yoeddynz

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah- its now running wasted spark on the two leading plugs.The wasted spark happens near the end of the expansion stroke and helps clean up any remanants of unburnt fuel.

I cant run wasted spark on the trailing plugs though as the wasted spark happens right near the end of the compression stroke- that would be bad.

So I'm now by-passing the dizzy and running straight to the leading plugs- A nice direct path avoiding the gap in the cap.

And the trailing plugs can use the now redundant leading positions in the cap using the carbon centre button. The original standard setup involved the trailing jumping two gaps in the cap.

I'm just gonna update on how its going after a test drive. So far much smoother all round...

A place in Nelson called Youngs automotive matched a best price BNT offered me- $82 each. A fella on kiwirotary has been selling them at $75 each.

Many Falcons and some older Nissans had them fitted stock but they are an older shape.

• 2 weeks later...

Just north of the city. Lots of big posh houses over the road. Can't get over how warm the water was eh. A local fella surfing here said it was unusual but neither of us complained. It was I guess fairly flat but still bloody nice. Soft sand, clear water, sun coming up. Just fucking lovely.

Yeah it looks like Wainui/Okitu, would have been the chalet surf lodge/backpackers across the road from that carpark if its the one I think it is.

Pretty much the richest part of town, million $ houses full of snobs lol

Wish I had known you were coming through here, would have loved to check out the Viva!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Should go into work tomorrow acting all angry, tell them you took it off gently, and it ruined the paint. Tell them they have to chip in for a full respray, as it won't match up easy.

Then when they're shitting themselves, have a mighty lol.

String this on as long as possible. Will provide you entertainment for most of the day hopefully.

Viva looks sweet btw.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm betting you are going to cut out the section of rack post where the key needs to go and replace it with a piece of pipe so you can put your key through the middle of the post.

Also I think its mighty clever to say you have any idea and that we should guess and then wait while all the good ideas flow in for you to choose from :lol:

I'm betting you are going to cut out the section of rack post where the key needs to go and replace it with a piece of pipe so you can put your key through the middle of the post.

Also I think its mighty clever to say you have any idea and that we should guess and then wait while all the good ideas flow in for you to choose from :lol:

Ha! You win!!! :shock: very good. Have a cup of tea and some ginger nuts because that is exactly what I'm gonna do. 8)

I'm hoping we have some really big pipe with thick walls at work though. Otherwise I'll use a bit of truck prop shaft which is what I used as my prop shaft hoop required for the cert. :)

Maxted- do you work over stoke way or did you see it when I was driving? Do you live in Nelson? Will be good to see another 12a hybrid out on the road around here!

I got my new widened steels back from chris web by on Friday. Really amazing neat welds and finish and only cost $250! Plus ho know Don hoff well and they are fully certifiable as I need to get my cert plate changed to suit them.

I'll get them sand blasted and then painter at work will put decent paint on.

Ha! You win!!! :shock: very good.

Great minds bro!