Alex's 1968 'oldman special' HB Viva discussion....

yoeddynz

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

haha yea a sc12 or 14 would be the go or spend alittle more and get a m90 like i had . would be fine for 8psi at least and then if you wanted to make sure its safe get some millenia s supercharger rods and rebush the ends to fit the kl piston then millenia s injectors ,would be a very nice setup and not too bad on the wallet by the looks of what your manged to do in the last few months...

Less talk about forced induction, more do to get this thing going for nats!

Was at the festival of motorsport recently and a radisich telstar was there - the exhaust note - oh my..

It had a standard intake/plenum but still sounded amazing, probably just higher compression and cams.

Yeah cool. sometimes they sound a bit too raspy? I think the exhaust can make quite a difference. Btw- i'm on a coffee break... have been busy fettling away in shed.

Hopefully mine will have nice induction sound. I love the sound, from the little I have heard, of mikes(?) 240 z with the vq engine. But that is a completely different engine..much meatier.

• 2 weeks later...

Haha- second one. Been flat out on it so then come in from shed and can hardly be arsed to even open laptop up. Next weekend I will be racing in the Karapoti mtb race in Wellington so that's another weekend out :-( But after that no more riding, just running so heaps more time.

I have been taking days off work here and there but every time I finish one little job I discover another job to do! Exhaust is all done, surge tank and pumps etc almost sorted, new brake lines all done, ecu pretty much built, inlet pretty much sorted. I just have to piece it altogether, build one of the 2.5 engines up, wire it up, paint the bay. pfff - hardly much to do eh?..

Anyway- I will update the thread with some more photos soon...

yeah I'm happy with the progress right now. Soooooooo hoping I get get it ready for the nats! I wrinkle painted the inlet manifold tonight- shit the stuff is cool. Worked better than I thought it would. Will have to stop myself from painting everything in it!

P1070241_zpsccc3a4c5.jpg

P1070240_zps70e05387.jpg

sounds good really keen for pics, also if you haven't use a set of de keepers on the 2.5 you build up so you don't drop a valve

Have you got any spare DE inlet retainers and springs? I just searched through my other heads and they are all ZE heads. The 1.8 and 2.0 engines I think might have DE spec springs as the ports are oval? But I'm reluctant to strip either engine as both are good runners.