Alex's 1968 'oldman special' HB Viva discussion....

yoeddynz

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest yoeddynz

Looks even betterer with body coloured cam covers- keep forgetting to take a photo.

Cant wait to hear what it sounds like. Excited me.

Guest vivaspeed

Will miss the funky strip speedo though :-(

The strip speedos are awesome, especially when they get the big +/-10kph swing going on. Waiting until the day I get pulled over by a cop and can honestly say I was going between 40 and 60 according to the needle... law of averages etc.

I really like the 7 dial dash. Hard to get and as you say big money when they do come up. Well done, nice finishing piece.

Swing by mine in Welly on the way to Nats and we'll get a group photo.

Guest Valiant

Hey Alex. This is coming along great!

From memory these held 4.5l of oil including filter from factory, I don't know if that helps or not.

See you cats soon.

Guest yoeddynz

Yeah pop by Will- hopefully you might hear it running.

Geoff- where in Welly are you? Will be in convoy with other mainlanders but will see you at the track right? My strip speedo hasn't yet swung but I think the tighter bends I might have in cable now it may begin swinging. Nothing wrong with a little bit of swinging..

Cheers Valiant- I think I have ended up with about 5.5 litres- but that's filling up a bone dry engine and new filter. See you Thursday.

Guest d.p.n.s

to be honest alex i loved the wee rota in there but that looks so much better mate

please get a video up as soon as it makes a noise

Guest CUL8R

Been hard getting on here lately, a great read as always Alex

Are those motors interchangeable right through the 1800 - 2.5 / 3.0? Love your work and effort you go to Alex!

This should fair sing when its up and running, step brother just bought a wee Eunos production saloon racecar with the 1.8 version of these motors.. Be a cheap easy upgrade for him to a bigger capacity!