Alex's 1968 'oldman special' HB Viva discussion....

yoeddynz

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Truenotch

:( .

Did it run a bearing? ... I kept myself up thinking about your issues last night, and was wondering whether the oil pickup is near the front of the sump? And if so, was it sucking air when heading up big hills because of the angle of the engine + angle of the road? It could make sense and the noise might have been that piston twacking the head.

Guest yoeddynz

Wow the response from you lot has been amazing. Read the replies to Hannah and she too is touched.

The engine noise was very hard to define. Not a oiling issue as its got a better baffled pick up plus the car has been accelerated much harder up a steep hill and this was on the flat.

Anyway- I'll build up a really good tight motor over next few months.

As for getting the Viva to the Nats.. we can only try our best but its cutting it a bit short....

• Like 4

Guest Spencer

The engine will tell the story when you pull it apart man

Gutted this build went this way, was looking forward to hearing this thing! Fingers crossed you can cobble something together

Guest yoeddynz

Made some of that the other day

Was good

Oh make more.... Go on...please.

I used to love visiting nana in Christchurch and raiding her pantry- she always had ginger slice freshly baked.

Guest Thousand Dollar Supercar

Image A is warming his hands over a burning Earth, and image B has parliament buildings on his shoulders from which cabinet ministers shoot deadly arrows. Nobody is safe from Alex the Destroyer.

Incidentally, your car's nickname should be The Flying V.

600full-jimi-hendrix.jpg

Named for being a Vauxhall Viva V6 obviously, but handily doubling as a bad pun. Then you could put this on some tacky license plate surrounds and watch motorists behind you groan.