Alex's 1968 'oldman special' HB Viva discussion....

yoeddynz

Guest japawagons

I am gutted I didn't make in to Nationals, mostly because I missed out on seeing your car. In my eyes you two have achieved Demi God status. I might have to start a little shrine in my closet.

I am uber excited for South Island Nats 2014 to come and check this beast out up close again.

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest yoeddynz

All good- what's not to like (except the fact the car leaks when it rains) Vivas are cheap as and after having gone out for ten minutes of laps in Geoffs race car I can confirm that even with pretty standard suspension they can handle bloody well!!!

The Mazda V6 engines are very cheap too. All in all its all budget material which in my mind is what Oldschool is all about. Save the money for drugs and travelling*

*drugs are bad, wrong and not at all cool. But travelling is ace and fully recommended.

• Like 3

Guest Truenotch

Also, was it Grant Rivers that you talked to in Wanganui? If so, he runs 2 Viva's in classic racing (one is extremely fast) and also runs an AE86 and is one of the best engine builders in the country. He's also a GC and I imagine he would have jizzed 1/2" ball bearings while looking at your car.

http://www.riversspeed.co.nz/cars.htm

Guest yoeddynz

Wow. Fucking sweet. More race vivas.

Not sure who we dealt with. Older bloke with grey moustache. Seemed interested in my engine but would have said he was excited. Maybe wrong fella? Helpfull though.

Both them vivas on their website have made my day :-)

I just sent them an email regarding my dash- the 7 dial torana dash is too tall. But looks like its what they might have fitted.

Most fuel line seems pretty "push lock" spec these days anyway, its usually not coming off in a hurry. that said i usually use the proper fuel clamps also unless its low pressure carb stuff.

hows your tune coming along Alex? did you recalculate the required fuel to bring the ve table values down?