Alex's 1968 'oldman special' HB Viva discussion....

yoeddynz

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Love that area x lots.  Just before you get to the end of the Wharariki Rd there's a road on the right that heads out to a super sweet surf beach you can walk to then climb down.  We jumped down the bank once landed right next to an elephant seal so made hasty tracks to the sea - they're stinky buggers

Hiya,

I'm using 3 bip373 ignitors and 3 Mitsi GTslow two post coils. Wasted spark. 36-1 trigger wheel. I mounted my ignitors externally from the ecu onto a little heatsink. Overkill probably but they stay really cool and are easy to get to. Also keeps higher currents away from the circuit board. Or is that just me thinking that. I just picture little robots carrying lightening bolts when I picture electrons....

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I had thought about that when machining them but want the same natural alloy look and edges as the steering wheel. Im just in the middle of making a centre console outta alloy and then will paint it black. Man my alloy welding was going so shitty like then I realised the alloy plate has really heavy anodising. Must practice more...but argon pricey....