WAGNATS 2011 - Discussion

Spencer

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wagnatstickersmall.jpgwagnatstickersmall.jpgwagnatstickersmall.jpgwagnatstickersmall.jpg

JEAH BOI!! - 2 WEEKS TO GO - CAPS LOCK THURSDAY ALL UP IN HURRRRR!!!!

Looks like a whole heap of cool cats will be smashing there way to Winegar Hill for 3 nights of fun, frivolity and floating downstream

The organisational side of me says it may be the right time to remind everyone of some little things sooooo.. (tell your non OS reading passengers too)

A COUPLE GUIDELINES/RULES

- keep the acting like a fuckwit to a minimum, ie dont ruin other's camping times and if you're keen on doing skids then you should probably be at the rota nats

- rubbish: be sure to bring provisions for carrying your waste away with you, keep the place green etc

- GLASS BAN!! Bare feet and broken glass are a gnarley combo. if you have to bring bottles then keep the empties in your wag please

- no bonfires not sure on a fire ban but I anticipate that there will be one

STUFF TO BRING - not all compulsory but they are recommended

- sweet pre 85 wag, (or a sedan/coupe/motosickle and a tent if you must :D)

- eating, drinking supplies - Hunterville is only 5 minutes drive away and they have a decent Four Square that has a good range but it is kinda spensive

- cooking and face stuffing facilities - it is camping so porcelain mugs, tupperware plates and sporks are all the rage. I don't know who has organised a BBQ to be there, however in case noone does, a sweet campcooker and 4 gas bottles are about $50 from Repco and that will last you 2 - 3 wagnats/camping trips

- citronella candles - there is the odd bug in them parts and if that annoys the shit out of you then bring a citronella candle or 2 - The Warewhare did these little bucket ones that had 3 wicks and were IDEAL last time.. I hope they still do

- insect repellent and sunscreen - slip - slop - slap - wrap

- outdoors games stuff - frisbees, cricket sets and the like - there ain't no 50" plasma and PS3 to Forza the night away so we are stuck with having to make out own fun, hoola hoops and a ball on a string are also fun

- deckchairs, old tyres, old car seats, wag tailgate - something to relax your buttocks on after a hard day chucking frisbees and swimming - I know it sounds tiresome huh..

- rubbish bags, decent thick ones to take your rubbish home cos you don't want cigarette butts soaked in 2 day old beer leaking through your wag now do ya..

- wagcessories - HEAPS and HEAPS of sweet wagcessories - the more creative/awkward to transport/impratical/home made - the better..

So have a great time but keep it green and consider other participants goodtimes (including other non wag related campers) and any campers that will stay at Vinegar Hill in the future..

REMEMBER!! - NO GLASS and all in attendance are to have maximum good times at ALL times!

Werd to yo mummas, yo farders and yo siblings - perhaps even your 2nd cousins too..

wagnatstickersmall.jpgwagnatstickersmall.jpgwagnatstickersmall.jpgwagnatstickersmall.jpg

aahhhh...

wake up, sun too hot

crack warm NZ lager

eat kransky that rolled down the bonnet last night and couldnt find

sit in river

frisbee

booze

repeat.

OR take my option,

wake up

reject stomach lining for 8 hours

look like steve carell just gave berth to freddy mercury

fuckin awesome

OR take my option,

wake up

look like steve carell just gave berth to freddy mercury

fuckin awesome

oh lolz, was painful to watch/funny at the same time. no doubt it will be someone else's turn this year. keen for more swedish women to come flay frisbee again. preferably without buff boyfriends this time

OR take my option,

wake up

Heh. This was me too on the same morning except it was more like three hours. There's nothing quite like regurgitating electric blue Powerade into the bushes in a picturesque setting. I'm a firm believer that Scrumpy is the cure for this ailment. It worked a charm last Wagnats.

Super guttered, last year had a wedding to attend and missed out, this year have stag do and will miss out again.

North people have monday off due to Auckland anniversary holiday.

Who/how many/if any are goingto stay Sunday night and will there be partying? Would be choice if I could cruise down an catch the end of it.

Slowly getting my wagon/wagcessories sorted, get the feeling I need to go way over the top for them.

Anyone know/got word on that Jellyfish Haley to whether he got his brakes sorted on his steed?

Yep I went up to his place last night and we sorted them - callipers were on upside down and they needed to be bled with the callipers in hand.. He went for a drive and came past this evening and the brakes are feeling pretty good and maybe need a touch more bedding in..

He is chucking it into Pinkys on Thursday after I leave for Napier to lift it up a little bit - at the mo the front end smashes onto the ground with anything more than mild suspension travel. So he needs to go up 30mm or so..

But things are looking good for Wagnats..

Also Andrew - what time do you reckon you'll be finishing work??