K-Trips 1982 Holden Commodore VH Discussion

KKtrips

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1uz will be fun, are you going to use a luxurious automatic or a sporting manual gearbag?

Man-well is my choice my son..

G52 is what I have my hands on but if shit gets serious and I need some specific ratios then I'll wind up with some W5X box..

G52 with a 3.45 diff sounds pretty good to me cos I'm a cruiser rather than a bruiser.

1st is low in the G52 which is grouse for takeoff and the rest of the gears are meant for casual revs with 4.11's so with 3.45 I should be sweet low RPM cruising..

Will rock what I got - see what it does and then figure out solution after.

Its the lazy way but fuck it.. I'm in no hurry.

Didn't realise you were going UZ but good shit! what swayed you over a 308? apart from the obvious like availability and modern lushness?

Also had a good look through those woodgrains over a brew last night, cant really see anything sweet. Anything that has a good grain pattern is a shit colour (usually overly yellow, red or dark brown) fuck I wish you could just get the original proper shit haha

The thing is it all looks to shitty when you put it on a car, the pattern repeats heaps and it just looks plasticy/shiny . The only semi decent stuff is the 3m 'Di-noc' but its still abit too thick, but it has the proper grains and colours just costs $$

I have seen some that are airbrushed and look OK.

Dunno how veneer would work around the curves of the arches and around the door edges

but they have the grain I am after, the dark Teak

87.jpg?randno=163

Anyway that's enough thread hijacking from me, KK's shit will work sweet on just a printed vinyl. Im just a fussy cunt and want the factory look for my whip

Didn't realise you were going UZ but good shit! what swayed you over a 308? apart from the obvious like availability and modern lushness?

I was going 1UZ when Grumble put his motor and gears up for sale for a good price - couldn't build a 308 for that price and I'm going to need cert anyway..

Also the 308 I got was always going to be a present for Sherie..

• 2 weeks later...

Haha - I didn't think it was that major..

Just takes ages to run everything nicely - I'd have it done in half the time or less if I just ran it the easiest way..

The way I've done it I've ended up with something like 20 wires running through a cavity in the back of the car. LOL

• 3 weeks later...