K-Trips 1982 Holden Commodore VH Discussion

KKtrips

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

trimatic would be fine behind a mild 308, aussies use them in drag applications, built with the right bits

i tried my very best to bust one once, valve bounce in neutral-drive-neutral-reverse many times, couldnt kill it. was a 4cyl though

or you putting manual shift gearsack in?

I'm currently manual - just going to buy one of the CRS bellhousings to adapt in a W55+

Commy clutch fork, thrust bearing, pressure plate, cable and starter motor

W55+ clutch plate and box

Definitely not buying a T5 at $2K - could do the entire W55+ conversion for less than $1200 and if I break the box then its $500ish to replace rather than $2K

Depends on which pattern you need. The above seems to do both, but you do pay a premium for the interchangability.

Secondhand Trimatic to Toyota (W55?W57?) bellhousings seem to hover at around the $150 mark.

The bare Turbo-hydramatic block would be about $100. I'd have bought it myself, but I'm going down the three speed column-change route and only require the trimatic pattern.

I last had a look at it about nine months ago. It was in very good condition for it's age. I didn't measure the bores at the time but I've purchased a couple of cylinder heads and other parts from the guy and he has proven to be very honest so far. The bores weren't rusty and the block looked like it had been oiled at some point in the past. I can give you his email if you'd like to speak to him.

when youre out at howatt engineering ask him about adaptors and stuff: he builds all sorts of gear to adapt engines to different boxes and the like. might be able to help you out.

he also does work to the arse end of 4x4 hilux boxes (w series i believe?) so that you can run them as 2wd without the transfer case on them. proabbly cheaper/easier to find than a good w55 (might be able to find you one quite easily tbh)

just another option for yewwwwwwwwww

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...