K-Trips 1982 Holden Commodore VH Discussion

KKtrips

That little box that was sitting with the engine when on the trailer.. What is it? Looked quite small.

I vote manual box for your car because it's still actually quite a small car compared to new heaps of shit and should be well fun with the 1uz

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

G52 - and yep I'm going manual for sure.

I figured out how I can easily adapt a hydraulic clutch master to my pedal box - as can be seen by the photos of a VH and VL pedal box I put on the build thread - they are identical except for the VL one has a hole for the master cylinder to locate in.. I just need to drill the hole in the firewall and pedal box then a hole in the pedal itself for the pushrod clevis to go into.

Going to use a concentric bearing from a Mondeo or similar.

VH pedal box - Cable

06059mj20.jpg

VL pedal box - Hydraulic

42053i020.jpg

• 4 months later...

chevs are a bit of a prick to get in a commode. starter motor requires same real estate as steering rack as well as sump/oil pump clearance issues. you can get a kit to put an older smallblock chev in one which requires the crossmember to be shifted down which cocks up the steering arm angles if its lowered at all

• 1 month later...