xsspeed's Corollas: EE80->Beams3s & NZGT Liftback

xsspeed

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_C_transmission

The C56 has a different 3rd and 4th gear, but it makes for a better match through 2nd, 3rd and 4th. They're also more likely to be LSD (torsen).

I ran a bluetop ecu on my AW originally, but used the smallport injectors. It was rich as hell through the low RPM but could still beat a B16A Civic to the top of 4th ;) .

VG - was the "redtop" in your 86 a bigport? I wouldn't have thought it'd be smallport since the manifolds are different... Probably had the TVIS disabled.

• 3 weeks later...

So I bought a 2age for shits and giggles, but I am going to whip the head off it and chuck it on the corolla GT. Problem is everything was painted 'rebuilt engine blue' and had started to flake, naturally the cam covers were loose and when I opened it up there were flakes of paint through it. So when I take this head off, whats the best way to get this loose shit out?

I considered it.

I know thats the best way, but kind of cbf

Who am I kidding there is no kind of. Will flush or see if I can find a complete head.

Made "progress" on blue corolla so far this week. Picked up a spare motor in pieces (although some damage from broken cambelt) for $250.

Dropped out 2e motor and pulled off guards. Found some rust on both fenders, and a small bit on the fire wall. Not too bad considering. Will cut out, and gives me a good excuse to get my welder sorted out. Also a bit of old damage on the passenger side fender from an old accident that the panel beater didnt bother to pull out. Not entirely unexpected.

Will post shitty cellphone pics of rust when I find my phone cord.

Rust Pics: Shitty photos are shitty

Passenger Side - see damage below rust - not pulled straight in previous collision "repair"

2012-08-14230758.jpg

Drivers Side - Same spot as passengers, plus where loom goes through

2012-08-14224157.jpg

2012-08-14224134.jpg

2012-08-14224109.jpg

Also through firewall in the corner by brake booster and the floorwell below this.

I'm going to chip of the sound deadening, should i use dry ice all for this, or just chisel it off?

A sweet vid I found:

cAZFrg45Zlo

I dont think BD would appreciate this at work Heath, lol!

IIRC it was me poking out through traffic when I was 5th form then getting hit by oncoming car on that guard that caused that damage. Only crash I was at fault in *touch wood*

I'm going to chip of the sound deadening, should i use dry ice all for this, or just chisel it off?

If you're talking under the carpet, dry ice is the best way. If on underside of car / guards etc, then I found dry ice 100% useless. Results may vary. Floor pan under carpet though all you do is chuck it down (in plastic bags for easy moving) and go get a beer. It does all the work.

The C110 had been sitting sans carpet for so long that is all chipped off fairly easily without the need for any dry ice. If it still looks/appears slightly gummy then yeah dry ice, otherwise just chip at it and see what happens. A PENNY SAVED IS A PENNY EARNED!