xsspeed's Corollas: EE80->Beams3s & NZGT Liftback

xsspeed

will do timing tonight.

A predicament has become apparent - do I buy this ee80 and put beams 3s gear into that?

234520223_full.jpg

Seeing I'm not far down the road with the blue liftback I wouldnt lose much time on it...hmm, to have 3 door hatch or 5 door liftback as race car?

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fleet of 80 series corollas will reach 3 again (have been there before with parts cars)

I have a problem lol

Unsure what to do with the ee80 liftback now. Its been in the family since new so I might as well keep it/get 2et motor?

Haha, I st191 is out for good now I think, would have loved to but like these corolla's better; lighter, more parts available etc. every thing has been done before so it should be hard for me to fuck up, right? lol

Fuck I keep restarting this project so many times. First it was engines, now its cars. Lucky I've never made much real progress lol

2012-10-21162206.jpg

Finally got new head reinstalled, its only been since Nat's trackday that the headgasket blew.

Few pics from today, my old Boxer wanted to be in the shot, he's 11 now.

2012-10-21162239.jpg

2012-10-21162422.jpg

2012-10-21162545.jpg

2012-10-21162805.jpg

As previously mentioned, crochet blanket for rear seat, and speakers tucked in by the quarter windows.

2012-10-21162915.jpg

When I took it for a drive last week after sorting the timing, I remembered (thanks to the crazy wirring) that the speedo wa son the fritz. I remember this happening in my old ee80 but cant remember how I fixed it back then. Anyway, I removed the cluster to find the PCB (if you can call the laminate a 'board') had burned out in a few spots.

2012-10-21162326.jpg

2012-10-21162340.jpg

Speedo spring had come unwound, so I replaced the whole cluster with a spare I acquired a couple of years back, was going to swap over the odometer as new one has 250km on it, but car/previous one has done 190km...made a start then decided I would rather have it running asap, so I will worry about redialling the kms another time.

Also found another minor electrical gremlin, new cluster actually had a working "door" light, and it seems the drivers door striker switch is not connected or has a dodgy connection, so pulled out the bulb.

Working at my old's place is so lush, room for 4+ cars under the carport/garage