xsspeed's Corollas: EE80->Beams3s & NZGT Liftback

xsspeed

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fucking mods spamming up project threads :lol:

OK, so got head to go on Brown Gt, should I get a standard Toyota head gasket, 1.2mm, which has metal rings around pistons but is that composite sort of material, or get a TRD MLS gasket 0.8mm.

Given engine has had HG problems in the past, and I am wanting to slap this head on and drive, which is more likely to seal, cost is pretty equal (in fact I think trd is cheaper lol) but only interested in what will/should work better.

• 1 month later...

The one by the radiator? Nah its out of my alltrade kit, haven't been able to kill it

VG, at Wez's trackday it was blocked radiator, so water was boiling and escaping through overflow. At Nats trackday I did this after I got it back on the track after the oil sender shat itself.

It lives...just. Got a battery into it tonight and managed to get it started, timing is way out though and needs to be set, is idling really rough and only gains revs slowly when accelertaor pressed - assuming timing will bring this right?

Took me til 11:30 last night to get most of it back together, most troublesome bits were basic shit like engine mounts and cambelt covers, fwd engine bays are toight wee things arent they.

Hopefully get it done midweek, if not, next weekend.