xsspeed's Corollas: EE80->Beams3s & NZGT Liftback

xsspeed

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Go the bumpers done, but had a fuck of a time getting the tow bar off, so didn't get the seats in before the meet last night.

In the light of day it was clear why it had a tow bar in the first place - to cover this butch job of a repair to the tyre well - photo taken after I painted it black for discretion. Unfortunately now I know it's there its gunna piss me off.

DSC08705.jpg

Also decided to paint the spoiler to match the newly painted bumpers only to find this...

DSC08701.jpg

Spoiler back on

DSC08729.jpg

also snapped heaps of the mounting points off undoing the spoiler so need to sort those out plus get a seal to avoid further rust.

Then I decided to chronicle all the shit that needs tidying at some point prior to paint.

DSC08702.jpg

DSC08703.jpg

DSC08703.jpg

DSC08708.jpg

DSC08710.jpg

DSC08712.jpg

DSC08714.jpg

DSC08715.jpg

DSC08717.jpg

DSC08718.jpg

DSC08719.jpg

DSC08720.jpg

DSC08721.jpg

DSC08722.jpg

Some pics as it is now - gunna chuck in the (fucked) leather seats now and some non-painted trim panels.

In the mad rush to get the lip mounted last night I drilled the whole 65mm out of place, so had to go back and redrill - lucky the lip covers all the fuckups.

DSC08723.jpg

DSC08724.jpg

DSC08725.jpg

Oh yes, slam is definately on the cards, it's looking rather 4wd spec in photos. I have some kings superlows on some <1000km shocks which while they are shit, are also very low so will likely chuck them in, problem will be I don't think these wheels/tyres will fit under the guards at that height/will try it and see.

I need to get an alignment done too, appears to be a bit +ve camber on the front. Keen to remedy that.

Not in a hurry to suss paint, would rather spend money on the "racecar", premier and landrover. Will play around and practice painting over the next year or so, then might give it a go next summer or something. Going to have to sort some of those spots of rust at somepoint in the near future though. Goes for a wof sometime this week so hopefully those spots on the A-pillar don't get picked up.

Engine is also weeping oil so mindful of that...all for another day though.

Just enjoying doorting around in it at the moment.

Needs slam, some electrical and vacuum gremlins fixed, rust sorted, paint and the seats re-upholstered.

Will probably happen in that order too.

The problem (if you can call it that) with that Richy is then I will have to run this wheel width/offset combo on it, and going back to stock wheels would look funny (if I ever wanted to)

These wheels are destined for the other car anyway, which I have no problem with massaging the guards on

Just dropping this pic in here for reference - 3s in a ae82, note cambelt side drivers mount has been shifted back towards the shock tower - where the ee80 mount sits

3937.jpg

Edit: look slike I may have an interesting time with the clutch and brake masters, as that one is LHD

P7040018.jpg

/maybe the masters will be sweet

9729_130375152882_543672882_2596434_15457_n.jpg

Good point, hadn't even thought about that TBH, as up til recently I was going to try keep this going on the road (will still try but it won't be my daily)

The wilwood pedal boxes mount on the in-cabin firewall yeah? do most people add some bracing to prevent the firewall flexing, or is it not really an issue?

Re wilwood type boxes, how much do they normally go for.

Is there any vacuum assist/booster?

How would one run the brake lines - front/rear split with a wilwood type balancing valve?

Ghey update for the GT, I mentioned to some of the boes at Jap meat about getting guard scrapage at motorway speeds. Turns out I'm an idiot - noise was coming from front right, I suspect the plastic inner guard cover has come a bit loose - parts are torn - and when going fast enough the wind load on the inner guard is enough to press it against the tyre.

All things going to plan it should be low after this weekend.

Those plastic guards the the first thing to go in the bin when lowering something like this. Bits of spring go in the bin second :D

The master for the brakes will have two seperate cylinders for front and rear brakes. They then have a balance (bias) bar to adjust the force to each master