xsspeed's Corollas: EE80->Beams3s & NZGT Liftback

xsspeed

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers re responses to 4age tech, will take discussions to project thread.

Re: miss at idle, for what it's worth, all of the 4A-G powered crapsacks I've ever owned have had strange lumpy idles below 1000rpm when warm, including both my supercharged AWs. Possibly something to do with the cam timing.

Also, recommend me some suitable brake pads to use for trackday - pref something that will work well without eating rotors.

I know a few people who have had good results with the Lucas/TRW pads from Repco... while not a race pad they seem to do well for the cost.

Seriously though - I'd rather eat rotors than pads... rotors are cheaper than sweet race pads!!!

Didn't mean to imply race spec pads, just something better than average that at this stage will not lunch my discs. I don't envisage having ultimate stopping power with a stock setup anyway - this car will do a few trackdays but hopefully not many as I have the other liftback for that.

This thing with sweet pads will brake mint all day at the track,

yea as said the pedal will be hard to mash with no booster but if it hits the wall somethings up. Either the fluids got low, and its full of air (best scenario) or you have a stuffed master or leak at a caliper. I would probably lean towards master