SHGWAG's FD3S

SHGWAG

Time's gone by.

Had a vacuum leak meaning ECU was seeing 18PSI but AVC-R and boost gauge / dyno were only seeing 16. (now fixed)

So the idea was to grab a WOF, slap it on trailer then re tune.

However, I'm having problems with ignition on the rear rotor, one of the coils keeps cooking itself.

Unsure what the cause is?

Anywho, took it for a WOF and failed on two rear suspension bushings.

As I don't want to replace with factory, can anyone on here recommend a decent replacement?

(Have looked up Nolethane but according to their website they don't do them for an FD3S & a full set of FEED bushes is in excess of $1,200.00 for the car)

Once a WOF is on it I plan on transporting it to 7 Heaven to sort the issues and do a full and final tune.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Factory shit is the ghey.

So after replacing the bushes in the rear control arms, this now has a WOF.

Still need to sort the ignition issue, this will be done when it gets it's final tune in a couple of weeks.

Moving the coils is a good idea, however I'm not sure where else to mount them, as there is sweet FA room.

No room on that side of the bay without going well forward.

Factory the coils are mounted to the top of the block, under the intake manifold, currently they're mounted on the chassis rail.

On that side of the bay you have the ABS Gear and most of the engine ancillaries hang off that side.

This thing doesn't have inner guards either, which reduces locations for mounting.

I could bring the coils further forward on the rail, but would increase ignition lead length.