Steelies

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

mean.

so more air lock chasing, mixture change and new fan switch have solved the heat problem, though i'm still suspicious. it seems to still run a little hotter than before. havent thrashed it up a decent hill yet.

now one of the 14"s has a slow leak.

rocking 12s haha i thought the linglongs had no grip

and now the car seems to want to eat volts for breakfast. battery is old so i swapped it for another i had in stock last night. drove to work via coffee (wellington coffee snob right here) and it struggled to turn over. this is 14mins after leaving home. got it going with a combo of reverse bump start plus key start.

in conclusion - world's peskiest 4age conversion and pretty keen to throw it in the sea again!

Is that motor a bit toast now? I've got a spare smallport in pieces that probably won't be doing anything now... We actually have two, but dad's going to use one for the 86.

But no shit, give me the car for a while and I'll have a fettle / will give it to the old man to daily drive until he gets it sorted. Otherwise my dyno man up here is A++ with anything on carbs and would likely have a range of SU jets lying around.

• 7 months later...

Tried Dwayne?

I just remembered about Trevor (a mate of Nikis) has a tyre machine in his garage - I'm pretty sure we an fit em and then use a cup of petrol and a match to inflate them.. If you are serious I'll hit him up to see if he is home tonight - you pick me up and drive - I'll drink and fit the tyres.. I have his number..

yeah will hit up dwayne, his tyre machine is.. er, rugged shall we say. have options, depends on motivation. may just weight till neckst weak.

looks like he'll be my neighbour. more on that later.

couldn't resist...

SAM_1009.jpg

high qual pic naturally.