steelies KP60

Steelies

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

individual filters (that will fit in the space)  dont have enough surface area.   airbox  or filter that covers all 4  will work alot better.

i'd roll open throttles  or a 4k  before running filter socks or small pods

• Like 3

got me wof 12s being swapped down the road and will get on to the 13s once car has started. two are apart, cleaned up and ready for jigging and metal hot glue. think you might see me trying the old last minute 'Roger, pwetty pweeaase' tire delivery and see how my luck goes!

• Like 2

The interwebs says they are shit I think, not enough surface area and a shit load of flow restriction.

Although unless you are looking for max gains (like fels and Alistair) then I say nothing wrong with them. Saves sucking shit int he motor etc

to me it seems kind of pointless running some sweet itb's or carbs. if you are going to go ahead and choke it with some socks.   have hated on them after seeing a 1uz with itb's, gain alot of power from just removing filter socks.

a lot of the time we're just putting these carbs on for stz.

started the motor last night, stoked. fired up second crank with choke. sounds not too dissimilar to before, some ticking noise and lots of top quality blow by - or whatever causes all the blowing out the breather. i put another breather/filler cam cover on as someone had said it aids ventilation but nothing comes out that breather. catch can time now.

cant wait to finish rust and drive it.

still not charging though, grr!

alternator over charged a year ago, new regulator

still bung, got it re built. rotor was fucked, new bits etc

work for a little then stopped charging.

i've tried old and new sense wire, running 12v straight to the IGN terminal from batt, checked earth. still runinng on batt, ie 12.3V at battery and charge terminal while running.

unplugged light wire, light goes out. still at 12.3V odd while running

new alternator time?

have you checked the quality of your multimeter?

also, one last thing on the filters. I really like the idea of not fitting filters to my motor for max power and noise, but after 3 years having dropped 40+ psi on a couple cylinders has changed my mind somewhat as to what is important