ColdTurkeys 240C wagon

pies

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

gawd i struggled with a RB between the chassis rails of a H230. fuck knows what kind of magic you would have to conjure up to put 2 sets of exhaust manifolds in there. could be done but i would think your exhaust would end up being just a straight up log and straight down with 1 pipe for simplicity's sake.

mean that you might get this back though

John (SKDMRX) on the datsun site has the most Awesome ist of 330's with a VH41 V8 - Much wider than a 1uz (lots of work) - im definitely 1UZing Lisas 230 Wags

Heres the link to Johns for all you piners - so much custom - including independent rear end, custom front end and bags all round

http://www.nzdatsun.com/forums/viewtopi ... edric+sgle

• 4 weeks later...

it is with great hesistation that I post in here, knowing that it has been part of the family for so long and probably a lot of memories etc etc esp. kk...

but yes I picked this up on Saturday midday, and proceeded to make it to Chch the first night where I ran some OS errands to the point that the wagon was full of noisey/smelly/squeaky parts.

Also had the original L24 engine in the back, which started to seep oil. Pretty much expected that to happen though.

The next morning I burgled some more parts from dattochriswagon's vacant abode (yes I have pics of teabagging your windows btw).

Decided to drive back to Invercargill through Lake Tekapo, Twizel, Lindis Pass, Queenstown. Was actually an awesome option and only added ~1hour to the journey plus got to catch up with mates in Qtown. 9 Hours is a lot of driving in one day however.

Current thoughts:

• [*:3erb92dl]Very noisey - road noise - needs some carpets and sound deadening. (not helped by the tremendous sound of car parts shifting around in their tetris stack every time I went over a bump).
    [*:3erb92dl]Engine goes well.. but used a shitton of oil, about 2.5 litres on the whole drive, must be leaking somewhere cause surely its not burning that much (its not overly smokey).
    [*:3erb92dl]Far from cheap on gas... average just about 14 L/100km, ouch
    [*:3erb92dl]Suspension leaves (no pun intended) a lot to be desired... extremly bouncy, but it was weighted down with probably 200-300kg of parts in the back. I'll see what its like when its empty.

All in all, mixed emotions on whether I should have bought it or not. But I suppose you get that every time you make a significant purchase anyway!