ColdTurkeys 240C wagon

pies

Its a sad fact - I have had no job since November (I am "overqualified" to get any basic jobs and I guess I'm too uselss to get a job I actually want to get) I told myself if I didnt get the a particular job I was going for would sell it - I found out at 5.30 yesterday that I didnt get the job..

Sooooo :(:cry::(

However if I get a job before any cash is handed over I will withdraw my sale.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Synopsis of new engine?

Done a few calculations, and 90% of Wagoneers have/about to be done engine transplants on the last 2 years or so. Only Grinta hasnt...? I am sure he will want a free fifty in not to long anywho.

SYNOPSIS FOR L33B03

Got engine running last night - immediately blew manifold gasket - don't know why - suspect faulty gasket.

Removed manifolds in place (arse of a job) and replaced gasket tonight - got it running sweet and roadtested it.

Now - its pretty smooth overall but lacking a little bit at mid range and WOT - Ive adjusted the carbs and its wound to max richness and I reckon its still pretty lean..

Will do a fair bit of tinkering and final adjustments tommorow afternoon (got a half day - yus) if it is still running lean by mid avo I will take it and put it on an AF ratio meter to check if it tragically lean - if it is I will have to leave it parked up till I buy some new needles.. (next week I hope)

But overall - successful conversion!!!

Spent the afternoon tinkering - got them dialled in so I am pretty damn happy with them.. scratched previous adjustments and reset up the carbs from scratch the same as I set up my Austin SU's and it is now all good in the hood - played with needle heights etc etc..

To get it 100% I need to buy some different needles - but most probably would need dyno time along with Air Fuel meter to get it dialled in better - for now I got it as good as its going to get..

So off to Taupo tommorow!!!

keen to know if you fix hesitation. my L24 (even tho different carb) seems to have the same problem. ive been over carb dont know how many times now so am keen to put it down to ignition and maybe lack of spark at idle as my head lights dim down immensly at idle but i dunno.

sweet it went all mint tho. your rolling a L26 now eh?

i still want that power steering

L26 FO LYFE YO (well at least till the next engine job I do)

Yes power steering is yours - noone seems to want the car - come take it off when you come to toast jam - if you have another steering box I can chuck in so I can still move car it would be sweet..

• 3 years later...