ColdTurkeys 240C wagon

pies

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:badgrin:

Drove this thing 100kms today to work and back.

• Single carb goes gloriously (oh I may not have reported that I rebuilt the single and slapped it back on), except it just takes way too long to warm up (wont idle for ages) without the coolant lines being plumbed in so I will do that.
  • Steering wheel feels like it gets caught/trapped at certain spots when I turn corners
  • Ive got some serious diff/axle noise, but it seems to be only when turning left, any ideas on what I can do here?

Lubs you too ky <3

Ahh Richie, (Italian accent) I make it good deal for u!

But Yeh, im open to getting rid of them. You'd have to mod your existing linkages to fit, and although they ran pretty well they really need an expert to sort them out. I kinda just ran out of patience with them.

So pretty much

1) You need the arm with the knuckle that fits into this plastic hole (might be a metal clasps on the single carb)

2) Pillage/fabricate a rod to fit through the holes and attach above arm onto it

3) Add on a little platform or something for the idle screw to sit against

As with most stuff it might be a little fiddly but it wont be as hard as it sounds. You should be able to get away with the parts from a single crab set up, unfortunately I dont have a spare.

20130514202808custom.jpg