• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest sheepers

i use that rust kill quite a lot, its good paint.

i painted some outdoor furniture i made with it and it seems to be pretty good in the sun.

one thing though, it stays soft for ages so be super careful when you're working on the car for the next few days, especially if its not exposed to sunlight because you'll mark it really easily.

Guest coldturkey

Yeah, I actually realised that when I went to touch it with my finger 6 hours after I painted it and it was still very wet.

24 hours now and its still tacky in some places.

I heard somewhere that's a sign of a good enamel. (True enamel never fully dries). Im not gonna work on it for a week or so probably anyways so it should harden up a fair bit.

Guest snapper

top marks.

yeah, I used the killrust system on some metal doorframes at my parents house in January, rustkill, zinc primer, two topcoats. all sanded between coats. it takes a long time to harden, produces a nice gloss.

If nothing else, it'll protect your car for a while, and is a very interesting experiment in using unconventional materials to paint your car with. will be interesting to see how it ages!

Guest Rookie

While it pains me that you painted a car in enamel, the car looks good and you didn't spend all of the money to to get it that way, good job.

Guest coldturkey

Pretty much it had to be enamel... cause lacquer would have reacted with one of the 537 layers of paint on it, as I saw with the primer. And I would have had to put a sealant layer inbetween.

And I cant be assed with colour sanding and polishing and all that carry on.

Come on fuel, im rough, but not that rough ;)

... But I did paint a van with house paint and a roller once.

Guest coldturkey

Nah would rather put "SCHOOL BUS" on the side and park outside Girls High.

And I decided its the exact same colour as the wagon in the OS banner up there ^^^. SO there, it must be cool.