Kyteler's new/old Skyrine

84_S12

The Skyway is the Skyline wagon, it's an S21 shape also.

Possibly the most interesting information I discovered when I was researching the S21 was a brochure which shows the different variations.

I'll see if I can dig it up.

(also, I've added a minor history of the Skyline up to my car, on the project thread... should help out for most peeps)

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You asked if it was an old Skyline, if you're lucky you mentioned Prince Skyline, you sure as shit didn't mention S21. At which point in time I'm sure I would have said "I'm not saying" or.. some shit.

Regardless, you never guessed specifics.

Mean!! Told y'all it twas to be a skyline!! Good to see another Prince on here! 8)

Mean idea's too man, much rust? Stuff the C110, work primarly on that!

And yeah, king cab FTW!

Princeall.jpg

Just found out they made them a few nights ago.

There's some Prince rims F/S on TM ATM FTW You can widen those maybe if you don't want to do it to the stocks.

Good find at any rate!! Get onto it!!

Mean!! Told y'all it twas to be a skyline!! Good to see another Prince on here! 8)

Mean idea's too man, much rust? Stuff the C110, work primarly on that!

And yeah, king cab FTW!

Princeall.jpg

Just found out they made them a few nights ago.

There's some Prince rims F/S on TM ATM FTW You can widen those maybe if you don't want to do it to the stocks.

Good find at any rate!! Get onto it!!

Chur boe.

I was in the dealing of getting my Prince before you got the Gloria ;)

Also, the Skyline = 6stud Those piddly Gloria rims are useless to me! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

about your clutch.

i used to have a job where i would spend a few months over seas at a time. every time i came back the clutch pedal would go straight to the floor as if the lever was not connected to anything. heres a few tricks i used to get the thing working again.

push the pedal to the floor, hold it there with a bit of wood or something then tap the master cylinder with a light hammer or a spanner for about 2-3 mins, then very gently release the pedal. push the pedal down? anything? if so you might find that you only get one depression on the pedal and it will disappear again, repeat the process and it will clear.

another time i just sat there pushing the clutch pedal up and down, it had no resistance and it felt like i was doing nothing at all but then after about a minute it was suddenly back to normal.

basically what had happened was that the shit in the master had trapped the plunger and the seal at the end of the stroke, the return spring wasn't strong enough to return the plunger. all i did was vibrate it basically until the goo let go and the plunger returned. once its been in use for a bit you have no problem.

hope you have some luck.

sheepers.

I agree with sheepers, had the same problem in the gloria. Twas the leaking slave cyl, and had absolutly no clutch pressure. But every time i refilled the fluid, I had to pump the clutch for anywhere from 30 secs to 5 mins. Just keep pushing it and it comes back after a while. Good if you just want to move it, stink having to do it every day before and after work.... :?