Kyteler's new/old Skyrine

84_S12

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just moved your post into the discussion thread Steve. I figured the tank would be a pain in the ass! :lol: Sounds like the much have replaced the carb too. I was hoping to use the glass plate from my C110 carb but it's a slightly different shape so it's a no can do unfortunately. I'm quite impressed though at how well the engine runs, despite having massive ring/valve issues and losing a lot of oil via smoke, it's still purrs pretty damned nicely!

CLEANING FUEL TANK FOR DUMMIES

Drain Fueltank and remove tank from S21

Drop 3 or 4 handfulls of coarse chip and 2 litres of petrol into tank (only the coarse chip not the fine sand that comes with it)

Shake vigorously upside down, right side up, left, right, north, south, east, west, south east, nor nor west, etc.

Empty tank onto your neighbours lawn, taking care to spell "Cunt" with a capital "C"

Pour 2 more litres of petrol into tank, shake vigorously, smoke cigarette, empty pertrol into toilet cistern (or behind garden shed, into your little sisters diesel Daewoo, in your ex girlfriends shampoo etc) smoke more cigarettes (repeat 3 times)

Pour 2 litres of methylated spirits into tank - swish around firmly (not shake) drain meths ensuring to filter through a loaf of bread and keep the remanants for Friday night drinkees!!

You now have a nice clean tank..

I recommend adding a quantity of fuel tank sealer and turn tank regularly while sealer is drying/follow instrructions on bottle of sealer.

DONE!!

I just moved your post into the discussion thread Steve. I figured the tank would be a pain in the ass! :lol: Sounds like the much have replaced the carb too. I was hoping to use the glass plate from my C110 carb but it's a slightly different shape so it's a no can do unfortunately. I'm quite impressed though at how well the engine runs, despite having massive ring/valve issues and losing a lot of oil via smoke, it's still purrs pretty damned nicely!

CLEANING FUEL TANK FOR DUMMIES

Drain Fueltank and remove tank from S21

Drop 3 or 4 handfulls of coarse chip and 2 litres of petrol into tank (only the coarse chip not the fine sand that comes with it)

Shake vigorously upside down, right side up, left, right, north, south, east, west, south east, nor nor west, etc.

Empty tank onto your neighbours lawn, taking care to spell "Cunt" with a capital "C"

Pour 2 more litres of petrol into tank, shake vigorously, smoke cigarette, empty pertrol into toilet cistern (or behind garden shed, into your little sisters diesel Daewoo, in your ex girlfriends shampoo etc) smoke more cigarettes (repeat 3 times)

Pour 2 litres of methylated spirits into tank - swish around firmly (not shake) drain meths ensuring to filter through a loaf of bread and keep the remanants for Friday night drinkees!!

You now have a nice clean tank..

I recommend adding a quantity of fuel tank sealer and turn tank regularly while sealer is drying/follow instrructions on bottle of sealer.

DONE!!

Not quite so easy on a Prince Skyline. The drain bunghole is little bigger than a 10cent piece and actually has a small lip on the inside. Also the filler neck on top of the tank has a lip protruding into the tank also. Even the sender unit hole has a reinforcing ring on the inside that creates a lip. Would be easy to get the coarse chip in but not so easy to get it out.

The guy that cut mine open said it was still full of flaky paint. I had tried for hours shaking, swishing, swearing, and only got a fraction of the stuff out.

it's looking real nice now - a huge improvement from what you first got ahold of it.

that first artsy shot it looks like the muffler is a gigantic resistor hanging underneath the car haha.

are you going to clean up and re-underseal the underneath of the car? not that anyone would really see it but I'm a huge fan of a tidy belly. More so to stop further (surface) rusting.

Thats wack axle.

All manner of things getting in the way, but that general area/LNI foh sho! Dead keen, it's just a matter of time etc.

Fuck time! The time to move/change jobs/have kids/ is never right.

Just save for 2 months, hand in notice and fucking do it!

Says Gaz who hates change :doubt:

Structurally it's actually really sound, there are a few places that require attention, but it is seperate chassis so there's nothing overly dramatic on it as far as metal repairs goes.

The underneath only looks so suss because of the flash showing up the rust as bright orange, it's actually really tidy. There's one hole in the floor in the passenger footwell and the boot structure/frame needs some work as well as a section of boot upright that holds the latch. I would say it requires less attention to the metal than my 110, to be honest.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, it's quietened down a lot as far as smoke goes. I reckon another while running, just getting everything back into motion, it may well come right, rings were likely stuck etc. Still, we'll see, engine should be rebuilt regardless after sitting for that long.

Roadtrip would be lol, needs four new tyres as well as a some steering components sorted out, there's about 30º of nothing in the steering box.

Also, gave the hole in the floor a good poking (ooh err guv'nah) It's not too bad, just wish I had a welder to be able to have a go at sorting it myself.

The rust in the boot is also pretty non existent especially for an old car that's been sitting for ages.

I didn't think about it until later, but I should have used my indicators in that vid. Blinking brake lamps ftmfw!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...