Kyteler's new/old Skyrine

84_S12

been keeping an eye on this but haven't written anything yet (anti spam right here).

fucking loving it though and wondering if you had a time line for it being back on the road legally.

cause i reckon a minor japanese invasion for beach hop would be awesome, solid stripes gloria, your skyline, my stout, anything else that seems to fit the bill....................

i should be a hell of a lot closer to having the stout how i want it to look by then (lower, pinstriping etc) and reckon it would fit in, would be cool to have a bit of a lineup rocking japanese flags and OS stickers.

keen???

cheers

Matt

No real Time-line actually man. Things keep getting held up and others things become available. I've recently learned of a KHR30 PNV that I'm going to try pick up, this would mean less money and time for the S21 and C110 but, it's the opportunities in getting the cars themselves that I prefer to not miss, once I have them, then nothing has to be rushed.

I like your idea though, was always most definately keen to roll Beach-Hop in it once it was done regardless and to create a little Japanese invasion would rule, I reckon. I think we'd get some serious attention. Though most people will assume my car is American :lol:

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That paint looks so toit with those cream steels now you've polished it. How much work's needed to re-VIN it? I'd love to see it legal and aesthetically similar to how it looks now except lower instead of black + whitewalls etc :oops:

Also, needs ONP/SIK/etc plates if they're going to be at that angle :lol:

以下、私信。

kytelerさん、メール届いていませんでしょうか?

9月9日に返事を送信しているのですが。。。

もしかしたら、こちらがメールを受信できていないのかな…。

The private correspondence.

kyteler has the mail arrived yet?

September 9, sending the reply. . .

Perhaps, this is not able to receive mail?

Yeah I'm pretty happy, it's made me a little disappointed though, in that there's still some creeping rust in most panels so it has to be taken back regardless :cry: Hopefully though it tidies it up enough so that once the engine is all sorted and the brakes adjusted, it will get through a VIN check fairly easily, then it's scuff back, tidy and Satin Black time. It did make me consider leaving it factory colours, and it's likely that I would, if it didn't have to be taken back and repaired in so many places.

以下、私信。

kytelerさん、メール届いていませんでしょうか?

9月9日に返事を送信しているのですが。。。

もしかしたら、こちらがメールを受信できていないのかな…。

The private correspondence.

kyteler has the mail arrived yet?

September 9, sending the reply. . .

Perhaps, this is not able to receive mail?

Is that on his blog? I've not written the reply yet as I was waiting to get some more photos for him, of the colour options in the parts book and such, I will write the reply now and also apologise in it for the delay. :)

Well, I did a bit of a disassemble, clean and reassemble on the carb today, it ran MINT. So mint, I fixed the binding R/F brake and decided to try my luck taking it for a spin. I got a few kms but something went a miss on the way back. I think it's a fuel delivery issue but unsure exactly where and what. Might just be low fuel in the tank. Which should really be removed and drained out anyway :lol: I put an inline filter in (it didn't have one initially) and the amount of crap it's picked up, while to be entirely expected. Is absolutely hilarious.

So, next week... sort out the rest of the brakes so that all four drums are working as well as the R/F is now and then likely work on the steering having a theatre's worth of play in it and then onto the fuel tank.

The short term is to get the car actually running and able to be driven, so that anything else I need to get done, is a HELL of a lot easier with a movable car.

Unfortunately, two things have come up recently that require cash. One is another Skyline and the other is an engine for my other Classic Skyline, the C110. So, things may slow to a grinding halt on this again. We'll see.

Talking about Skyline petrol tanks......mine was full of flakey stuff that blocked the end of the pick up tube. Basically you will have to get someone to get into the tank and clean it out. Way back in the day Prince Motors decided that it would be good to paint the inside of the tank, sadly this has come back to haunt current owners (if they have been sitting for any period) and has flaked off and is lying in the bottom of the tank waiting for some movement to stir it all up. No amount of filling it with liquid and shaking it and turning it upside down will get rid of the flakey stuff......believe me....I tried...lol. I got a tank place to cut mine open either end and the bottom as it has two baffles at 1/3 the way along the tank. Have got brass patches on it now which wont be seen when its back in the car, although mine still as the funny black painted board which screws onto the tank holding straps, which hides the tank when its installed.

My carb has a glass cover over the float chamber so you can see the level of petrol in the bowl. The cover is the same as the Gloria if i remember rightly. It has a line with "level" written under it and then it has "Nikki" on the glass as well. As my original GB4 engine has been replace with a G2, they must have swapped the original carb onto it.

I just moved your post into the discussion thread Steve. I figured the tank would be a pain in the ass! :lol: Sounds like the much have replaced the carb too. I was hoping to use the glass plate from my C110 carb but it's a slightly different shape so it's a no can do unfortunately. I'm quite impressed though at how well the engine runs, despite having massive ring/valve issues and losing a lot of oil via smoke, it's still purrs pretty damned nicely!

Also, I should go pick up my spare engine and recondition it. Slap that in, and that will 90% of the dodginess gone. The smoke cloud it leaves is hilarious. With that gone, polished and on the tidy bumpers and the steering slop sorted, then a set of good tyres. I reckon I could roll in it and not even get pulled up. I've got a flat cap I could wear too. :lol:

Also, I should go pick up my spare engine and recondition it. Slap that in, and that will 90% of the dodginess gone. The smoke cloud it leaves is hilarious. With that gone, polished and on the tidy bumpers and the steering slop sorted, then a set of good tyres. I reckon I could roll in it and not even get pulled up. I've got a flat cap I could wear too. :lol:

haha, smoky cars are ftw, volvo is smokey as, pours it out and exhaust points to the left, smoking out cyclists etc ftw

This is beyond smokey bro, I'll try get the vid off my little sister's camera this coming weekend. Until I fixed the carb it would spit epic flames too. I'm sad that it doesn't now.

Also, the exhaust is heaps rangi. It exits out at the end of the left rear door (it's not supposed to) and there's leaks in at least one other place. :lol: