Kyteler's new/old Skyrine

84_S12

about your clutch.

i used to have a job where i would spend a few months over seas at a time. every time i came back the clutch pedal would go straight to the floor as if the lever was not connected to anything. heres a few tricks i used to get the thing working again.

push the pedal to the floor, hold it there with a bit of wood or something then tap the master cylinder with a light hammer or a spanner for about 2-3 mins, then very gently release the pedal. push the pedal down? anything? if so you might find that you only get one depression on the pedal and it will disappear again, repeat the process and it will clear.

another time i just sat there pushing the clutch pedal up and down, it had no resistance and it felt like i was doing nothing at all but then after about a minute it was suddenly back to normal.

basically what had happened was that the shit in the master had trapped the plunger and the seal at the end of the stroke, the return spring wasn't strong enough to return the plunger. all i did was vibrate it basically until the goo let go and the plunger returned. once its been in use for a bit you have no problem.

hope you have some luck.

sheepers.

I spent a good 5 minutes pumping the clutch to no avail, sadly these masters, both brake and clutch are known for their inability to stay sweet. I'll try the light tapping with a hammer technique, worse comes to worst I'll use one of my spares and/or rebuild the cylinder.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Also, the Skyline = 6stud Those piddly Gloria rims are useless to me! :lol:

Gloria rims are 13", Skyline rims are 14".

If it helps in any way, our Skyline rims are the same size and 6stud stud pattern as the early/mid 70's Mazda B1600 utes. The only minor difference between them was the clips that hold on the hubcaps were in a slightly different place.

• 2 months later...

Oh yuck.

Mine are factory 14" steels and I'm probably going to run some 15" on there. Unless I can't find whites for 15, in which case, 14 will have to do.

Also, to get reverse you kind of pull the lever away from the column then push back and down. So I've found all my gears. Stoked. 4spd forward, 1 reverse, Column shift, Bench seat, deDion rear suspension, fintails, my car = hugely fucken badass! If I can get it a third the quality of your Benz, I'll be happy as a Larry.

You can get the atlas white flappers from 10" all the way to 16" if you cant find other options.

I'm certainly keeping that in mind, finding whites isn't so much the problem. Paying for them because they're insanely expensive. Is. :lol: I do think it's a sacrifice I'll have to make though.

Also, for the amount of time it takes for a flapper to eat the wall you're likely to have spent less on a set of flappers and several sets of tyres in the time it would take to wear the walls down.

Actually.. maybe not. Still... I think the car deserve proper Whitewalls, I'll just have to save some pennies then fork out.

• 2 weeks later...
saw one of those R35 sedan things yesterday in porirua with "Prince" badging on it :shock: was weird. i didnt know what to make of it

Badging??? Or stickers?

Skyline's are still built by the Prince faction and there are occasional variants that include a remark in their regard.

INTRIGUING!

Photos possible you reckon?

Sounds a bit interesting - stickers = pppffft, but badging would be intense!! Specially if it's the O.G lefthander "Prince" writing badge. (you notice that ky? Japanesse dude must of been a lefty)

Dude, seriously, I thought I had skinny tyres - but how skinny are your fronts? If you looked at them straight on you'd probebly miss them!! :lol:

Good to see it's moving again!! Keep up the good effort mate.