Free beer for strong men

Unclejake

Folks - I need to move workshop the weekend of 8th/9th March and could use some muscle. The existing workshop is in around the back of the Bata Factory, Bata Place, Owhiro Bay (Happy Valley - just south of Brooklyn). Go past the Bata Factory Shop and we are the next roller door.

http://www.wises.co.nz/l/bata+place/#c/2r62z/6wqdr/1/

Start 1.00pm Saturday 8th March.

Forecast for Saturday: Northerly 20 knots. Sea moderate. Fine.

You will get dirty so don't wear nice clothes and jandals.

There is no toilet on site but there is an outdoor area for beer evacuation and a public toilet a short drive away

Confirmed OS attendees:

UJ - will be at old workshop being bossy

Thegreatestben - with ute. Driving only - no lifting

BDA - with truck

GAZ - chief shelf dismantler

LowNslow - with trailer

Bistro - to drive Aidan's ute

Flange - with french car

Durty - with Volvo :D

Mongol - will be there about 3pm

Corona?

Snoozin - will be there late but still wearing sunglasses, generally just avoiding work and drinking cold beer whilst spitting on the floor and belching

Seedy Al - just coming to drink. Don't put magnets near his face.

Non OS vermin:

Aidan - will be at new workshop waiting

Moose - with ute

Nathan - towing rented trialer behind Diamante of goodness - to do scrap metal

George - with stationwagon

Daniel - At new workshop

Mathers- Chief shelf assembly at new workshop

Jacob - with trailer - To do tip run

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a pack of seriously good cunts.

GAZ - no need for L33T

GXGPWR - Man that is an amazing offer. Please don't drive down from P North. There will be enough local Boejangles to help I am certain.

Zilgen (cymbals) - please don't go to any effort to secure a work vehicle. I expect that the number of awesome bastards will swell and we will be cool. I am really happy to pay to rent trailers and thanks so much for the offer.

Everyone else: Thanks!!!! I will update details closer to the 8th March. (Corona - I will bring you a bucket if we have many beers :shock: ....... :D )

Moving sucks (after nine years) but faith in the goodness of the OS community will last a very long time :D

Soooooo grateful..... :oops:

have access to curtainsider with taillift just gotta ask the boss but he should be down with it.

dunno what access is like at your new place but its yay big:

You rock. Access at the new place is good - but there is a small ramp that everything needs to go up which the truck won't get up (door is too small).

I think we will be best with trailers and utes. I will rent a couple of trailers but thanks for the truck offer.

So far it looks like there is about 12 people (including non OS dudes) which means 12 dozen beer - which just happens to be a gross :shock:

how high is the door opening - the curtain sider I have is not too big and can measure it for yas.

I am not sure mate. I get the key to the new place this week.

EDIT: Thinking about it - if you can get that truck and it is no hassle we can park the truck at the front door of both workshops and dudes can carry out spare parts, fish bins, light tools etc. as other dudes dismantle shelves and yet more other dudes winch the lathe, big benches etc. onto trailers that we have dragged inside.

The new workshop has an electric gantry - but it is fixed and not sliding.

I bought 10 more fishbins today :?