For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Talked on the phone to Gordon from otr this morning. This is coming directly from falken tyres Europe. 

The previous pattern digest 2013 that we had is null and void for the specified rim widths. 2015 pattern digest is now in line in accordance with the lvvta guidelines chart / Japanese tyre standard and European tyre guidelines/ coincidently this is the same as every other tyre brand..

Just a follow up on the Falken tyre thing.

OTR are a distributor yes, however, I've just had the Falken pattern digest show up with the approved rims inside of it.

The book is produced by Sumitomo Rubber Industries, in Japan, OTR are only playing the messenger.  (Sumitomo produces Falken.)

215/40R17 FK452 is now only valid up to 8.5" rim.

195/45R14 ZE912 is now only valid up to a 7.5" rim.

This sucks.

Just run the correct tire size and get over it?

I was meaning from a selling perspective.  I sold a few sets because they were able to be used on slightly wider rims than other brands. 

My tyres and rims on the S12 are proper, but I don't really like the stretched tyre look so never went for it.

I've never understood the stretched tyre look either. Or the super lowered look with tyre profiles that look like a rubber band. Maybe I'm just old fashioned. Agree with you about the senslessness of this latest rule change though.

Life's not fair.  That's just the way it goes.

A few sideways hat bogans in NZ mean nothing. The legal liabiltiy in the global market for the tyre manufactures is massive. You get 15 or twenty deaths in a litigious country, and they would be up for Mega settlement costs..........

Probably find their legal peeps spoke to their boffins, and decided that the liabilty risk was too high.

• Like 1

Got some cheap 15x8s for sale

Dont wanna flare and havent got a hope of fitting a 225 under there

Whack some big as fuck tyres on them and use for a farm trailer. Might also suit a bucket or rat rod.

• Like 1

What pcd?

The issue I see is mostly the smaller diameter rims and getting the right rolling diameter tyre. Theres not a lot of options to stay under 580mm tyre diameter and get wider than 6 or even 7" rim at all.

If only you could 3d print tyres in low volumes or something

• Like 1