For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just browsing our steel store, and found some 8" pipe that has a 7mm wall. Was thinking of cutting 50mm wide bands, and then splitting them in half ad the desired height, and welding the flat to them. Be the easiest and tidiest way of doing it i think.

i keep meaning to do exactly that and sell for MAX PROFITZ

• Like 2

A dude over on nzdatsun got some DIY coilovers built by Howat in welly and they did the circlip steez n factory struts and said it would be sweet and his cert guy agreed as well.

Although not sure in the benefit over welding the sleeves on.

Could work quite well for struts without inserts? Saves welding on the shock itself.

I have a project in planning that will require a lot of chassi mods. Basicly I'm wanting to turn a RWD into a Project a 4WD. The donor vehicle is also independent rear not solid . So the changers basicly are converting to independent rear and running drive shafts in the front. (If only it was that easy) My question is regarding doing chassi mods. I see on the LSTA web site this sort of work needs to be approved before starting. What is involved in getting sign off to start doing the work. I have photos of cars done the same overseas these I intend to use as a basic guide but what else is needed?

Iv had a browse through the legislation and I can't see any concrete measurements just lots about how much load they should take.

I'm mounting seats that do not use standard fixing points.

The previous owner has got the bolts going g through ugly bits of flatbar under the floor. I'd like to replace these with a square plate for each bolt and tack them (and the nut) under the floor.

Is there a size I should make these plates so that they go through cert without questions. Minimum thickness?

what were the rules for making your own pedal box again? 8mm plate for pedals, I will have to send the whole unit down to wellington to get checked out? I have it drawn up and it is ready to be made now

" Material having a thickness of equal or greater strength than 8mm (5/16") mild steel"

Also says that 5mm is acceptable for unusually short pedals like Lotus 7.

I have a project in planning that will require a lot of chassi mods. Basicly I'm wanting to turn a RWD into a Project a 4WD. The donor vehicle is also independent rear not solid . So the changers basicly are converting to independent rear and running drive shafts in the front. (If only it was that easy) My question is regarding doing chassi mods. I see on the LSTA web site this sort of work needs to be approved before starting. What is involved in getting sign off to start doing the work. I have photos of cars done the same overseas these I intend to use as a basic guide but what else is needed?

you need to get a hobby car manual. it is expensive but its not a lot compared to the cost of building a car

it has the forms you will need for TAC approval of your design

Iv had a browse through the legislation and I can't see any concrete measurements just lots about how much load they should take.

I'm mounting seats that do not use standard fixing points.

The previous owner has got the bolts going g through ugly bits of flatbar under the floor. I'd like to replace these with a square plate for each bolt and tack them (and the nut) under the floor.

Is there a size I should make these plates so that they go through cert without questions. Minimum thickness?

http://www.lvvta.org.nz/documents/standards/LVVTA_STD_Seats_&_Seat_Anchorages.pdf

doubler plates is 2.9 in here, what you need to do if mounting a new seat to a floor