For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

should charge those T-bucket cunts a million bucks though. Fender exemptions ahoy!

"I can drive my 350chev powered wheel barrow with 6 inches of up and down flex legally on the road with no fenders",

buuuttttt oooooooo your adjustable coilover suspension precision manufactured in japan still needs cert because it's very very very dangerous.

trololo

• Like 2

^If it wasn't for the hot rodders we'd probably be like aussie with next to no scope for legal modifications.

Plus have to be a member of a NZHRA hot rod club for two years before even being eligible for application of fenderless exemptions. And then once you've got it you have to attend certain number of sanctioned events and get logbooks filled out to keep it.

Plus most rods are usually scratch built so there's little bit more in getting them legal than you bolting your 'precision japanese adjustable suspension' one evening

• Like 5

So what's the deal with being a member of a club for two years to go fenderless?

I actually didnt realise that was the case. But it does confuse me that being a member of a club for two years somehow makes your fenderless car safer for the people you're driving around? haha. It's a pretty weird system tbh.

My car was 'scratch built' in a factory in japan and has been registered on the road for some time, so someone (the government??) has thought it was pretty damn safe when it was imported. WAYYYY safer than a chev powered bathtub with the steering wheel between your legs imo

you wont win against hotrod idiots. 

it sucks that we have to jump through (relatively low by international standards) hoops. sadly the safety net doens't catch the worst workmanship, though!!

hopefully the price isn't being encouraged to go up as it'll just make more people flout the law than already do. 

• Like 1

So what's the deal with being a member of a club for two years to go fenderless?

I actually didnt realise that was the case. But it does confuse me that being a member of a club for two years somehow makes your fenderless car safer for the people you're driving around? haha. It's a pretty weird system tbh.

My car was 'scratch built' in a factory in japan and has been registered on the road for some time, so someone (the government??) has thought it was pretty damn safe when it was imported. WAYYYY safer than a chev powered bathtub with the steering wheel between your legs imo

The reason behind it is so the club members can get to know you personally and what you are like as a driver.

Basically some muppet joins and drives like a spaz through roadworks spraying stones all over cars and stuff then the club won't or at least shouldn't support an application for fenderless exemption. Things like that.

TBH - it's a fairly good way to do it - being assessed for suitability by your peers rather than some numpty cop with a chip on his shoulder.

Fenderless exemption is not necessarily an issue with workmanship that a cert is designed to cover and is all to do with how someone drives their car. (fenderless exemption is also not recorded on the cert, it is issued to the driver of the car and they have to carry it around like an addition to their license)

• Like 5

Rumours floating round the interwebs currently that cert price will be up around $1000 in June.

Anyone else heard this....?

Hoping it's bull shit

yep.

a cert for adjustable suspension, basic mods will be from around 500.

scratch built vehicles are dependant on how much work is involved- anywhere from $1200-2000

theres more to it than checking the bolts are done up. youd be surprised how many people fuck it up, thinking they know everything about suspension because they got some coilovers and camber arms in their silvia

• Like 4

i see what you mean about flicking stones and that up. Would you say that would be the only risk involved in running fenderless? 

Pretty much just the water that gets rooster tailed off the tyres and stones/dirt etc. The impact of these things can be reduced in the majority by the way that someone drives. 

Maybe if someone fell into the side of the car while it was moving then it would be easier to fall under the tyres but that's probably an avoidable risk too by not letting people get too near your car when you are driving. /shoot them. LOL 

• Like 2

yep.

a cert for adjustable suspension, basic mods will be from around 500.

scratch built vehicles are dependant on how much work is involved- anywhere from $1200-2000

theres more to it than checking the bolts are done up. youd be surprised how many people fuck it up, thinking they know everything about suspension because they got some coilovers and camber arms in their silvia

Do you want to get flown down to Wellingotn for a weekend and we find somewhere for you to stay and do the certs and you do 5 or 6 certs for us down here? Bulk rate discount... LOL

• Like 6

inflation guys. you want/need to get paid more so does cletus and all the people who administer the system.

fact of life. we all want our cake and to eat it too but things just don't work like that and the second law of thermodynamics applies to everything - you can't win you can only lose.