For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

will most of them only not want to do uppy downy minitruck stz bags or any? a.k.a bag conversion on an otherwise 4link coil sprung 4wd for load carrying abilitys mainly etc etc

mark still does them if its a hot rod or something like that,

its the bagged owt rydz beemaz mercz are the ones that cause shit rolling on bumpstops, 24-7 driving slammed as or on silly angles, generally "look at me i gots switchez" types

Hi Guys,

This is a really dumb question, but wanting to cover myself before i get too far down the track.

I'm Planning on doing an Engine conversion on my FJ40 Toyota Landcruiser. Its Currently a Petrol, and i'm going to stick a diesel in. Is this allowed under the Cert rules -i.e change of fuel type? Obviously theres's more to it - mounts etc, but the basic question is is a fuel type change allowed?

Cheers

thinking out loud - is there an easy answer to what steel is suitable to use for building a arms and tubular crossmembers?

there is a tube size chart for suspension components in the hobby car manual, depends on vehicle weight/type

Hi Guys,

This is a really dumb question, but wanting to cover myself before i get too far down the track.

I'm Planning on doing an Engine conversion on my FJ40 Toyota Landcruiser. Its Currently a Petrol, and i'm going to stick a diesel in. Is this allowed under the Cert rules -i.e change of fuel type? Obviously theres's more to it - mounts etc, but the basic question is is a fuel type change allowed?

Cheers

Yes change of fuel type is allowed, no problem.

Yay i get to ask something reasonably intelligent in here!!!

So im wanting to slam wagon to the absolute reasonable maximum because i think it would look pretty chur.  With regards to a cert, whats the criteria for going low?  What sort of geometry issues should i bee looking for?

Car runs a macpherson front with multi-link rear.

legacy wagon?

you can get them pretty low, tyre rub in the front will probably be your limiting factor, drive shafts rub chassis rail as well when really low i think, rear bumpstops will need a haircut as well to have any travel. i dont think they suffer from heaps of camber either, max you can go is half a degree over oe max spec.

With driveshaft loops does it have to be nut and bolt to secure it to the floorpan or can the loop be drilled and tapped? Where I want to put my loop arms is inside an exsisting crossmember and there is no way to get the nuts to the back side.