rotorhoe's rx3 of flash

rot808

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Wow.. This thing is awesome! Its great to see an RX that is actually done tastefully for once (not on 17" lensos). I love the smaller wheels and classic lines too! 

Personally I would throw some SSR MK2s on and drop it a little but im partial to Japan styles.  Nice build, enjoy driving it!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know what would cause the car to vibrate aggressively and loudly at exactly 100km?

I've tested it as thought it could be the revs but I went 100 in 4th with exact same result and only from 100 to what I guess would be 105/110 (my speedo is out so it reads 120-140). Any slight acceleration on the pedal at the speed makes the sound/vibration.

Basically it feels/sounds like either steering or exhaust but it has a wicked pull and is pretty freaky especially as it is appearing to get worse. Cullen and Rovers are the only ones who have experienced it recently and they have no idea on what it is.

I'm putting off pulling it off the road until my end of holidays late July mainly because it's my daily hahah

Hmm, could be a worn steering arm or idler arm bush. What side does it pull towards?

Also possibly relevant: I used to get a weird shudder at exactly 80km/h in the Skyline and it turned out the left front tyre was slightly out-of-round.

Did you lighten the fly wheel? What clutch did you use, was it new, is it an 808 one? Did you check the drive shaft? All the universals? Did you have to modify it to fit? What was the diff like? Did you use the standard 808 diff? Did you check it (808 diffs are shit). What are your half shafts like?

^this.

if its vibrating and hard to steer/pulling, and its happened suddenly-  check engine mounts havent broken/sagged, from memory the bellhousing is close to the steering drag link. make sure exhaust isnt jamming up the steering, lower arm bushes, wheels are tight, wheel bearings.....

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...