64Valiants 1985 Gsx1100

64valiant

cheers man, regarding those clamps im sure they wont be that terrible over all. 

just been impatient atm and want them here yesterday haha.

plenty of other small things that will require work so i'll keep waiting.

• Thanks 1

Seen worse. The chain itself would have kept things aligned.

Looking at the front end, I suspect you're going to wind up with a very stable bike. The head angle plus the offset on the ZX triple clamps have given you a lot of trail. More suitable for drags than circuit use. As stock they steered very well on track but you've dialled in more trail which will make it feel heavy. We'll see.

• Like 2

Yeah it'll be interesting to see how it handles over all.

I'll have nothing to compare too been I hadn't really ridden it long distance or hard.

20240115_173638

Looking at this image of it with the fairing, with out the fairing and then with a zxr front on it.

It doesn't look to much different But it definitely look stretched out over all been a naked bike now.

Handle bar position is completely different to original and more styled like a gsx1400, bandit or a hornet.

• Like 2

For a bike this size and weight in my experience with pre82 racebikes you're looking for a trail figure between 88 and 98mm

Less than that is unstable, greater is heavy steering.   That's with modern 17in front on a 3.5in rim.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...