Shed Warming - Dunedin, late may?

nzstato

5 minutes ago, TimShadboltfan27 said:

Does option B cover some Taieri Gorge railway ? Edit, both look like they do, keen for railway fizzing !! 

Not really.... There is only one road which comes close to the rail in the gorge, its just a crossing and road out there is gravel.  See https://offthemainroadnz.com/2017/04/21/hindon/

But the road goes through a part of a gorge near there so somewhat similar country - its a good drive.

• Thanks 1

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, kiwi808 said:

How many gas stations are on those routes? The 7 can pass anything but a gas station!

I’m a maybe depending on when the rx7 gets it’s cert. Too far and cold for any other Mazdas to make the trip.

Another option is @TimShadboltfan27 we take my work wagon and it’s free gas.

Outram, around 1/2 way. 

Love that economy

Further details:

Sat the 8th July

Meeting at the Mosgiel Pool carpark (Te Puna o Whakaehu) which is on the end of the main street just before the Silverstream bridge.

Meet at 1pm for 1:15pm sharp departure, havent picked a route yet but will at the time - few stop off spots along the way etc...  Returning to roughly the same area to my place for some social beers, BBQ and general OS yarns.  BYO

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, igor said:

What's the format? BYO drinks and something to share for the meal?

Pretty much, I'll have the BBQ out. 

Aiming for a very chill environment - my neighbours are already a bit dark with the new shed now shadowing their section....

me and @Truenotch are locked in for some Mosgiel based shenanigans. Will probs head over from central early sat morn if @kiwi808 wishes to convoy.

A quick pint at a country watering hole would be pretty neat. How inconvenient to stretch the loop up to Middlemarch for a shandy? Or Outram on the way back? 

3 minutes ago, TimShadboltfan27 said:

me and @Truenotch are locked in for some Mosgiel based shenanigans. Will probs head over from central early sat morn if @kiwi808 wishes to convoy.

A quick pint at a country watering hole would be pretty neat. How inconvenient to stretch the loop up to Middlemarch for a shandy? Or Outram on the way back? 

We'll take a poll, probably Outram is better.  They've just revamped the pub but havent been there of late.

• Like 1