• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Roman said:

680kg?! 

What the hell is in it? 

Oh, correction here - Front axle weight empty is 822kg, but still biased toward the driver's side. 422kg for the rear.

1.9TDI - VW's finest.  Not the lightest, but stupidly reliable and tuneable.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, keltik said:

I recently saw a JDM vehicle with an LCD display of some anime girl whos assets increased in size and jiggliness the more furiously you drove.  I don't know what the display was for, could've been the radio or some kind of piggyback controller.

I'm just saying.... If complexity is free...

Similar but kinda not. The dude that posted it makes tonnes of custom displays for the digital dash he uses. 

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, keltik said:

I recently saw a JDM vehicle with an LCD display of some anime girl whos assets increased in size and jiggliness the more furiously you drove.  I don't know what the display was for, could've been the radio or some kind of piggyback controller.

I'm just saying.... If complexity is free...

Gotta think big my man - Forget about some jiggly anime. 

We could fit the entire MSpaint dick pics thread on there 

• Haha 9

3 hours ago, yoeddynz said:

I'm a self proclaimed expert in this field. If Monsieur Chapman was still about he'd be popping round mine for regular cups of tea over discussions about weight bias and its effects on handling. I'm not normally the sort of bloke who likes to boast about my talents but I am quite proud about my very scientific approach to modifying a small cars weight balance for testing purposes. I'll be more than happy to give you some sage advice on the subject when you need it...

20180119_190125(Medium).jpg.8b46f58acbb27c59df5594d5f519ace4.jpg

20180119_191805(Medium).jpg.9735a884f76fa616007b57523e5ad162.jpg

stretching the whole "all purpose" statement.

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, yoeddynz said:

I'm a self proclaimed expert in this field. If Monsieur Chapman was still about he'd be popping round mine for regular cups of tea over discussions about weight bias and its effects on handling. I'm not normally the sort of bloke who likes to boast about my talents but I am quite proud about my very scientific approach to modifying a small cars weight balance for testing purposes. I'll be more than happy to give you some sage advice on the subject when you need it...

20180119_190125(Medium).jpg.8b46f58acbb27c59df5594d5f519ace4.jpg

20180119_191805(Medium).jpg.9735a884f76fa616007b57523e5ad162.jpg

Sage.  probably will like the potting mix. Though keep it trimmed would be good advice. Sorry couldn't resist once I saw the potting mix.

images.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ahhh pity that his V12 didnt end up sounding any good. 
Cool that he's working to still develop it though. 
That's the only way to make NA engines do what you want - by suffering. haha
Video wasnt quite as a cool as the first one, but sometimes reality comes and punches your theory in the face haha.

I saw another video on youtube where someone did a front facing 6-1 on the Honda J series V6. By my ear it didnt sound any better or different than the 3-2-1 setup.
Maybe just when you have to make the pipes so damn long to make it work, it doesnt work anymore.

So the rev counter is going to be a dick that grows in length and "pops off" blue and red jizz for a shift light and all the zero's will be Tiddies? Sounds epic! 

If it sounds weird I'll bring my drop saw over some aliexpress bends and help you turbo it. Though I think it'll sound awesome as it is.

Screenshot_20230322-211908_Facebook.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, yoeddynz said:

but still very entertaining :)

You're right, it was a great video and I love the amount of effort he goes to on these vids. 

I think what I meant was that the first video felt like he was really onto something and had unlocked the secret to the cool sound. 
That we could all try apply to our engines... But then left a cliff hanger on the actual results.
But then second video was more like deconstructing all of the reasons or theories for why all of the stuff from the first video didnt work.
So was disappointing in that regard, but still awesome/funny content.

However, there are still a few good datapoints for GR motors on what sounds good.

• Like 2

Oh - I've not actually watched the first vid. Hmmmm, not sure if I should? It sounds like it could be like stepping straight into the second season of walking dead, or the handmaids tale, having missed the best bits from season one and it generally all goes painfully downhill very quickly from there to the point that you wish they'd just fuck off and finish already, you've smashed the telly in and gone back to the shed. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4