Romans 2005 Toyota Echo

Roman

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Roman said:

This car is the gift that keeps on giving (Go to 11:20 if it doesnt automatically)

i replied in the video comments google This 9,000-RPM, Prius-Engined Toyota Echo Sounds Seriously Good ..you won't be disappointed.

• Like 3

• 4 months later...
24 minutes ago, shrike said:

2zz-ge into an echo 122kw and 162nm atw, @Romanwhat was your final dyno number?

https://www.facebook.com/100075883510301/posts/288421180363997/?mibextid=Nif5oz

That's quite average power output from a 2zz. By the looks of the dyno curve it must be using factory headers... 140kw is typically what you get with a good tune. 

But 1NZ is a lot more impressive than a 2zz cause it has 0.5L less capacity!

• Like 1

Yeah might be a harsh dyno - or car might still need a bit more development.

2zz echos in puerto rico run 10 second quarter miles on a stock bottom end.

Power levels of that car are similarish to my 1nz. But my motor was tapped out, that will have lots left in it! 

If it was staying at that power level though, id take the 1nz instead. Less weight, easier maintenance, much easier to replace a motor if needed.

But if they commit to developing that car a bit more. It will be wild.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Roman said:

2zz echos in puerto rico run 10 second quarter miles on a stock bottom end.

Damn now you made me go watch videos of Peurto Rico NA drag racing, pretty sure there was a 9.9 second NA 3TC so the 2ZZ must be junk.

Man do they have the coolest drag racing scene or what.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

toyota hemi,    basically  ultimate turd polishing.  along with low weight, close ratio box and  well setup cars. probably some exotic fuel.     Even though only 2 valve, the bigger bore than stroke allows bigger valves to fit in same capacity.    one of those engines that have plenty of scope to modify but nothing special in factory config.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Assuming my motor made 150whp in its final config (second dyno said 200whp which was... optimistic) 
Here's a comparison.
I wonder if they've got the exhaust choked up badly. Seems like it hates the big cam until high rpm. 
Hopefully they keep developing it, and dont just call it a day after that dyno session! 
image.png.8a6c13259b29c4d2fc3efc250fc50f88.png

• Like 3

with the right exhaust setup, should be able to run the high cam way down at  4500 -  5000rpm and gain stacks of mid range.

cam spec

roman 1nz   266/266?  deg
2zzge high cam  292/276 deg
7age  284/278 deg

hhhhhh.jpg.f07a5d6a9bf110be0a9c5a042aa76431.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 21/07/2023 at 18:53, kpr said:

toyota hemi,    basically  ultimate turd polishing.  along with low weight, close ratio box and  well setup cars. probably some exotic fuel.     Even though only 2 valve, the bigger bore than stroke allows bigger valves to fit in same capacity.    one of those engines that have plenty of scope to modify but nothing special in factory config.  

The motor in @MaxPower 's KE25 is testament to what a 2T-B can do. It's a fairly basic block AAFIK (standard pistons) and has more compression, a big boy cam, good extractors and a set of sideys. It was ~120kw on a similar rolling road to what @kpr has and used to happily rev to 8500+. 

It'd be cool to build a full-noise one!

• Like 4

• 3 months later...