Wellington Monthly Meet - Discussion thread

Was a great meet.  $7 for two beers and a pizza made me very happy.  So happy I forgot that they forgot to make my pizza.

A+ service and A++ for keeping me happy once they fucked up.

I hope those meeting minutes of the forthcoming activities will be circulated presently.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I took notes of the suggestions that came up last night for future meets, some with Summer in mind.

- Picton trip (day or overnight - with South Islanders who may be keen)

- Loco Miniature Railway in Otaki (with Manawatu/Horowhenua people if they're keen)

- Silverstream Railway

- Bowling

- Mini Golf Championiship at Carlucci Land/Pirate's Cove/Somewhere in the Hutt

- Fuck some dudes

- Somes Island

- Lake Ferry

- Poker run in a unfamiliar place

- Explore tunnels/caves somewhere

I took notes of the suggestions that came up last night for future meets, some with Summer in mind.

I just remembered Geoff's other suggestion from earlier in the night.  

There was talk of Upper Hutt brewery tours.  Panhead and... I forget what the other one was.  I'm sure Geoff can fill in the blanks.

I just remembered Geoff's other suggestion from earlier in the night.  

There was talk of Upper Hutt brewery tours.  Panhead and... I forget what the other one was.  I'm sure Geoff can fill in the blanks.

Kereru Brewing.  They're both near each other.  Would need to research whether they do tours as well.

• Like 1

Brewery tour sounds appealing. Perhaps we can incorporate the silverstream railway the same day.

Loco would make a sweet meet up point to get the Palmy and Welly crews together. Really needs to be in summer tho.

Yep thats the pla. THey arent open till october anyway

I wish I could have come on Thursday, combination of brake issues (I seem to be plagued by them even after then inspection) and I was sick in bed with some form of ebola.

I know you guys have done them on the city/eastern suburbs before, but are there any plans for evening meet ups on city/eastern suburb in the near future, I don't get off work till 7pm so travelling out to lower hutt is a bit of a pain. :(

I assume all the suggestions that Shaz is posting are for weekend trips? They all sound awesome assuming the weather stops been so shitty. 

Yep the suggestions are more for weekend meets in addition to the usual monthly meets (and in particular for summer weather! haha)

We are always looking for new places to have the monthlys and try to mix it up so let me know if you have any ideas in mind.