Wellington Monthly Meet - Discussion thread

If it isn't raining or freezing we normally turn up a little bit before 7 and gawk at cars. Being June it will most likely be raining and freezing so just go straight in to the Parrot & Jigger.

It would be cool to see and hear the Trabi. Keep us updated because if you are coming I'd be keen to check it out.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am gonna have to find a boom box or portable speaks to blast out some glorious* German Democratic Republic and Soviet hits. 

and maybe a large east german flag like this:

0,,1741317_4,00.jpg

(probably won't be able to find a flag like that before june), but I will bring my east german military hat and jacket... 

Edit: Found and ordered East German and Soviet Flag... now to find someway to mount them... 

*glorious may also mean horrible. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sad news everyone, looks like I won't be able to make it for June, but should be up and running for July... 

Everything was on track till this morning, and unfortunately the front windscreen didn't want to behave, and ended up shattering into a million pieces... 

So I am ordering a new windscreen tonight... (its only 60euro, but shipping costs is 60+euro, and on average it takes 2-3 weeks to arrive from Germany, so unfortunately I am shit out of luck at the moment)

Sad news everyone, looks like I won't be able to make it for June, but should be up and running for July... 

Everything was on track till this morning, and unfortunately the front windscreen didn't want to behave, and ended up shattering into a million pieces... 

So I am ordering a new windscreen tonight... (its only 60euro, but shipping costs is 60+euro, and on average it takes 2-3 weeks to arrive from Germany, so unfortunately I am shit out of luck at the moment)

Order 2, preferably sent seperately - I promise you will thank me for it.