KwS's TVR

kws

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, Dell'orto said:

Potentially not ethanol compatible hose? Would have not expected to crumble that badly! 

Internet says its good for E85, or even methanol. I can't imagine the previous owner running anything with an ethanol content though.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I love TVRs for the exotic-ness and the fact that they were always so hard to drive on Playstation1, I didn’t realise that there were affordable models around until reading this post. I had never heard of the Tasmin but now when I win lotto tonight I am going to buy one. Keep at it man, this thing is so damn cool.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

I'm well fascinated by your play with Robert Bosch's remarkable CIS MFI. I have the same motor as you in my sierra xr4x4 and plan a reconditioning of the fuel system next year after a trip to Europe for bits. Would you suggest a professional cleaning of injectors or just jumping into a new set?

• Like 1

The merc ones are cheap enough that I would just grab a set of them unless you're wedded to keeping your original set. 

I believe there are filters in the original injectors that cannot be accessed, so even a decent cleaning may not bring them back as good as new. 

• Like 2

Just seeing Michael San's coments above...

Be careful driving with the handbrake on, as it can cause the pads to rip out (sounds like a fail i know). But they are a pretty fragile thing, designed to keep the car still. Not for e-brake drifts. So just be mindfull of that. Cos it will be misery to change the pads...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

^ That's just what I was gonna say. Jaguar Barry warned me so many times not to drive with the handbrake on - it either rips the pads out or heats them up and melts the glue holding the pad material to the backing plates.

Another problem my handbrake had (which is hopefully unique to the XJ-S / Jaguar installations) was the handbrake cable going rusty inside its sheath. This increased the effort required to apply the handbrake, but more importantly made it tricky to release it fully and quickly every time. That in turn put me at risk of ripping the pads out. It's all fixed now but I had to endure many Barry sharns to get to this point.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks for the very detailed info, very useful to me...eventually. I have the same donk in my Sierra and although it hasn't been touched since new, just regular servicing, it's running faultlessly. Having said that, I feel it's a good idea to recondition the fuel distributor and check WUR etc so your input is valuable. Thanks again.