Gav’s Honda N360

~Slideways~

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

my old tennant has one of these a 360 not 600, he's never going to do anything with it but won't sell it and its sitting out in the rain. if you get stuck for bits i can give you his number. it would be worth saving.

Could be an option, can you send me the details please?

39 minutes ago, KP_wag said:

So awesome. Busa or fireblade? Presume you've seen this:

My god that sound! 

Hell yeah that’s awesome, no chance of fitting  a v engine like the vfr because of the output location. Unless drastic rwd reengineered like that one.

16 hours ago, KP_wag said:

So awesome. Busa or fireblade? Presume you've seen this:

My god that sound! 

R1’s seem to fit in mini pretty well so maybe that, ideally a Hayabusa. I found some measurement for one so it’s worth looking. I’d have to use a diff from one of the fwd mini kits like LynxAE.

But rust and legal first.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, kyteler said:

CBR250RR  MC22 Engine 

Trust me.  Would sound amazing.

15000rpm fck me....

250cc might be a bit small, even though its a 20hp bump (even more than the big block N600's 36hp). 

I'm going by the assumption that 1000cc or even 1300cc bike engines are likely to have a gbox and clutch that would handle the extra weight better than a lighter less torquey jobby.

A Hayabusa is a surprising 266kg, the N360 is less than double that but the bike engine will be lighter than the 360cc with it's semi car size gbox (a lot like a mini in the sump). 

The interior in really good, seats are nice but it could lose some weight there too. Rear quarter windows are flat so could easily use Lexan there. Maybe I could get it down to 450kg with not much fuss?

Could also change the 10" steel wheels to some old 10" classic alloys and save little there.

The boot lid is plastic, so its basically a race car already.

.....getting ahead of myself. But it could make a cool autocross car with a good handbrake.

• Like 1

And because it's 4 valves per 62cc cylinder, teeny weeny little valves going hard! I owned one back in me Uni days, did nothing other than put gas in it and thrash it - reliable screamy F1 sounding fun! Have vowed to myself to buy one of those engines and build something ridiculous around it one day... 

I got several pipe dreams of things that can fit in these. Have done much research and cried every time at my bank balance and not being able to do the swap using a hammer and screwdriver.

I have a few spare parts etc too, lets meet up and make this matchbox car great again.